[ambient album] The triangle of noise (OGG)

Started by Sam_Zen, October 13, 2008, 06:00:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

Now that is really SOMETHING I wasn't expecting!!! :o
Atm I have no words to describe my impression but I could listen to these tracks all day long!
Sam, can you shed the light what is going on here and how it was created?

Sam_Zen

Thanks Nahkranoth. I'm very pleased with the comment 'surprised'.
I can give some additional info about these tracks :

1) The sounds are made with the EMS AKS analog synthesizer using the noise generator and the envelope generator.
The triggering of the envelopes was done by a controlled pulse generator.
The result was manipulated with a tape-recorder to provide some phasing/flanging-effects

2) This is a mix of some synth-noise with recordings of the french poet Antonin Artaud.
He was quite extraordinary in his performance, and I merged pieces of that as overlays.

3) This is an autobiographic, as a boy, experience. Which I tried to reconstruct.
Standing on a bridge above a canal, while 2.5 meters above, a train is passing by on its own bridge.
I tried to emulate the train with noise, adding an artificial train-thing with the emphasis 'ta-damm...ta-damm'.

uncloned

So far I've listened to 1 completely

How do you get such -huge- spaces???!!!

I really really like that. The space becomes fascinating

I need to listen more - I listened early think morning and it is late now and I forget the rest of the details. - and there is more to listen to!

uncloned

The French poet recording is quite upsetting! I feel like I'm overhearing an argument in a barrage of noise.

The train / canal memory is very interesting. I think I like that one the best.

So the train sounded like it was echo'd in a tunnel? How do you think that happened? Loose ties?

Sam_Zen

Never noticed this tunnel effect, but you have a point.

mrvegas

Always interesting to hear your experiments.  I confess I only listened to the second one all the way through -- pure noise isn't really my thing.  However, as someone else noted, the recordings with the French poet have a very disturbing element to them.  Nice job emulating the train sound on the last one.

Louigi Verona