[Instrumental beat] Indomitable_Soundscapes (.MP3)

Started by kit beats, May 22, 2007, 22:25:14

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

The sigmatel soundcard is an onboard soundcard. It can be that its nice, but its not good enough for music production.

I would recommend to upgrade to atleast an Creative Audigy, or higher: X-Fi or M-Audio or Emu soundcard.

Also, those thrust boxes aren't that good. They provide nice sound (I've heard several of thrust) but they aren't natural. They lack certain frequencies.

If you want to know for sure, visit a store like BCC or any Hi-Fi store, where they allow you to test speakers.

I have a Creative I-Trique 5600 and although it is about 2 to 3 years old now, I still love its sound. Very good and deep bass while having a very good high end. Ofcource, I had to do some tweaking on my soundcard EQ to get them nicer than it standard is possible, but there's always room for improvement.

It would probably be better to pick one of the newer types, as they probably have better quality than my I-Trique.

But I must confess. Speaking about speakers made me wondering what's out there, and I've decided to upgrade myself :D

Edit: I've ordered the Creative GigaWorks S750.

Since I've updated my soundcard to the X-Fi Elite Pro, I can now have 7.1 speakers.

Do note that these speakers are expensive. A cheaper version would be the Creative Inspire T7900 (note: its a 7.1 set). They cost about 90 euro.

I must add that I've been lucky by getting some unexpected money :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

Quote from: "LPChip"

You order that on the internet or?
And please tell me what you tought about the speaker i showed you.

I want 2 speakers with basse/tweek..i think that's better like Sam_zen said.

Regards :nuts:

Edit : I think i'm going save (sparen :lol: ) for the Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 PCI FR

http://www.centralpoint.nl/frame.php?url=/search.php%3Fcat%3DAudiokaarten%26vendor%3D
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

Quote from: "Samplekit"
Quote from: "LPChip"

You order that on the internet or?
And please tell me what you tought about the speaker i showed you.

I want 2 speakers with basse/tweek..i think that's better like Sam_zen said.

Regards :nuts:

Edit : I think i'm going save (sparen :lol: ) for the Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 PCI FR

http://www.centralpoint.nl/frame.php?url=/search.php%3Fcat%3DAudiokaarten%26vendor%3D

The elite pro one has a console, which you only need if you want such fancy console. The platinum edition is much cheaper and has a build in 5.25" rack with similar options. Price difference is like 60% though.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

Thanks for your reply LPchip.

Please be more specific like : Soundblaster/speakers =...
Soundcard=...i dont know names and what we talking about anymore.

maybe an url of the product please

seventhson

Quote from: "Samplekit"Thanks for your reply LPchip.

Please be more specific like : Soundblaster/speakers =...
Soundcard=...i dont know names and what we talking about anymore.

maybe an url of the product please

It al depends how serious you are and what your goals are when it comes to producing music.
If you really want to improve your sound and your mixing skills i would recommend buying a pair of monitor speakers instead of some creative 7.1 set.

from wikipedia:

Studio monitors, also called reference monitors are loudspeakers specifically designed for audio production applications such as recording, film, television and radio studios.

Some consumer-end speakers tend to add color, tone, and loudness to make music sound better. The goal of most studio monitors is to produce a flat frequency response and a truthful representation of the source material. Sound engineers usually require accurate sound reproduction from their speakers especially during audio mixing and mastering. This enables the engineer to mix a track that will sound consistent on high-end audio, low quality radios, in a club, in a car stereo or a home stereo.

Sam_Zen

A codec is software, not hardware.

Those speakers are advertised as disco speakers, and that's what they are. So boosting low and high.
But a piezo tweeter is not capable of producing real midtones, as claimed there.
So a 3-way system would be better.

And don't get fooled by the number of Watts mentioned with such boxes. This value has been a victim of inflation since
the computer arrived.
Besides that, what's the point of having two 400 Watt speakers in a room of for example 6 x 4 meters ?
Already speakers of 80/100 Watts could function quite well in such an environment as a monitor.

kit beats

Thanks seventhson & Sam_zen, Good information.

My search will go on for some nice set of boxxes and a new soundcard.

Maybe it's a little bit exagerated (overdreven) to get a 277 euro soundcard. :oops:

Some help on these 2 points will be nice!

LPChip

If 277 is too much money, then the Audigy which costs alot less (or maybe the X-Fi platinum) is a good alternative.

But do note: a lower price will also mean less quality, but even if you'd buy a cheap SB Live, it would be better than your onboard soundcard, so there's always improvement.

Saga Musix

i would consider any creative card rather as a "gaming card" than a "recording card". that's the reason why I didn't buy a Creative card when i decided that i need a recording card. I mean, who needs all this EAX effects and stuff these cards offer? I'm quite content with the features my card offers. it's a home recording card, it only costed 130€ and has great features!
Have a look: http://www.thomann.de/gb/esi_juliat.htm :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

seventhson

Also have a look at some of the m-audio cards.
I have a m-audio audiophile 2496 and still are very happy with it,pretty good quality for "only" 90 euros.

Btw. how much money are you willing to spend on speakers and a soundcard?

Saga Musix

right, i also wanted this m-audio card, it looked quite nice. but then i saw the Juli@ and found out that it's related to my brother's soundcard which is very professional :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Quote from: "seventhson"Also have a look at some of the m-audio cards.
I have a m-audio audiophile 2496 and still are very happy with it,pretty good quality for "only" 90 euros.

Btw. how much money are you willing to spend on speakers and a soundcard?

hahah..yes, i dont know howmuch..but im willing to save my money and buy the one from 277, i just want good quality.

Anyone saw some boxxes / speakers?

kit beats

Quote from: "seventhson"have a look at

http://synthforum.nl/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=97f97107e96fae30bd09e044b4a5d68d&forumid=73

hahah, a product is easyer but that's nice..im member on that forum 2 :P

kit beats