Aryx - A kind of contest

Started by Sam_Zen, May 28, 2007, 06:51:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

The package of the ole MPT117, and previous vers, by O.L. included a module file as an example :
http://www.louigiverona.com/webarchive/samzen/modz/aryx.s3m
A small, techno-like file made by K.Koch in 1995.

I think this can be a nice habit, to add some file to the setup-package of OMPT. So why not use the same material,
in honour, but perform it in a renewed, contemporary way.

So I stripped down the composition to the basic unique 11 patterns, which will be the material one can play with.
http://www.louigiverona.com/webarchive/samzen/modz/aryxs.it

Saga Musix

note: some channels are muted in the file ;P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

aGIANTpupafish

so are you saying do the same tune in a different way... or use the same samples to make a different tune?  :?
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Sam_Zen

Thanks for the tip, Jojo. I've corrected this.

I have removed the max filesize issue. It's of later concern.

2 aGIANTpupafish
Good question. These two options are the basic ways to make a 'cover' of a tracker-song. because I think in fact a module consists of two compositions. The codes in the patterns, and the sampleset. So to keep one of these elements intact to hold to the original, I guess it is one or the other. So changing the codes with the same sampleset, or change samples with the same score. And of course the original author should be mentioned in the file.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

sounds fun... let's see  8)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"sounds fun... let's see  8)
okay, i guess we'll hear some $peedc0re-arys from you? :lol:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Jojo"
Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"sounds fun... let's see  8)
okay, i guess we'll hear some $peedc0re-arys from you? :lol:

originally i thought of some nice orchestral combined with beautiful spheres and pads
come to think of it... speedcore might also do

:lol:

Asharin

I might have a go at this one, but try and keep the majority of the module code intact, and use VSTi's instead of samples, should be interesting..I'll try and keep to freeware ones too so I can include them with the module (rather than just an mp3/ogg)  

no promises tho :D
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

started something more or less promising yesterday... good material to build up on though