[Classical] Brother John (.it)

Started by mrvegas, January 29, 2008, 21:12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

mrvegas

If you're interested in something a little classical and a little psychotic, you might enjoy this.  It's about 3 minutes long.  The full title was "Brother John Hits the Snooze Button on the Morning of the Apocalypse."  Maybe that was a little too weird.  Anyway, here's the .it file (61kb):

http://modarchive.org/data/downloads.php?moduleid=159785#brother-john.it

If you prefer a slightly better sounding mastered version, here's the mp3:

http://orkestrasynthetique.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Brother-John.2891330.mp3

I hope you like and thanks for listening.

KrazyKatz

Hell this is Brilliant! Its like Bach joined Dream theater. Hilarious title & concept. Outstanding technique and harmonic structure. Are you studied in classical harmony?

The counterpoint on the 'Ba-ba black sheep' theme is funny, clever & first class!

Dynamic, and never a boring moment. This is how music should be made!

You're a Genius.

Bloody good show!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Sam_Zen

Indeed the psychotic brother of Jacques .. :)

I enjoyed the master even better. Very nice production.
I like very much the way you treat your samples. Although the set consists of 'classical' instruments,
you don't try to treat them like they should be played, to imitate them, but use the sound-material
in the full range of the electronic options.

I agree with KrazyKatz, dynamic, this has power.

Gaspy Conana

This is pure insanity. I wanna see someone perform this live. Very strong piece though, good stuff. Also, the climax/reprise at the end after the ba-ba-black sheep section worked incredibly well.

tvdude

Really, really, really, really good.  It reminds me of when they used to have a piano player in a theatre playing a piano to the silent film being shown.  This piece conjures up all kinds of images.  Congratulations.  I can see the scratchy, black and white film running in my head. Does this remind anyone else of the silent motion picture era ?
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

mrvegas

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Are you studied in classical harmony?

Thanks for the comments -- I've never taken any classes in music theory, but have made it somewhat of a study of mine for a lot of years.  I have played a number of instruments (badly) in my time -- clarinet, saxophone, organ, piano, guitar.  I probably only ever made it to the point of being a semi-competent rock\blues guitar player.

The great thing about tracking and computer music in general is being able to compose music I could never play.  I wish I had discovered trackers earlier in life.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for listening.

Saga Musix

i guess i'm the one who let this tune into the mod archive... :lol:
i quite enjoyed it, a funny chiptune!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.