Create an RC3 build?

Started by LPChip, May 13, 2007, 21:11:10

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

It has been a while since RC2 was made.

RC2 is equal to betabuild .28, and thats kind of a big gap, if you see that we're now on .47, and heading towards .48.

I know that making RC3 is on the todo list with a high priority, but since alot of bugs have been fixed that introduced a few new, I think its best to build towards a stable build and get RC3 out.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

I support this. It would give the opportunity to clean up the lists of bugs and requests too.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "LPChip"I think its best to build towards a stable build and get RC3 out.
Can you point out any stability problems in dev. builds ;) (yes, I know, you meant 'official' or something :P)

LPChip

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"
Quote from: "LPChip"I think its best to build towards a stable build and get RC3 out.
Can you point out any stability problems in dev. builds ;) (yes, I know, you meant 'official' or something :P)

I just mean that bugs that can be classified as annoying or high priority be dealth with and then release an RC3.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

pelya

Quote from: "LPChip"I just mean that bugs that can be classified as annoying or high priority be dealth with and then release an RC3.
Maybe you should add some kind of priority field for bugs and feature requests (filled of course by public voting or wise moderators 8)  )? Or maybe when you create a feature request, you should create poll inside of kind "How badly you want this"?.
I'll go mark then all my feature requests as just annoying (of the programmers) :wink: .

LPChip

Quote from: "pelya"
Quote from: "LPChip"I just mean that bugs that can be classified as annoying or high priority be dealth with and then release an RC3.
Maybe you should add some kind of priority field for bugs and feature requests (filled of course by public voting or wise moderators 8)  )? Or maybe when you create a feature request, you should create poll inside of kind "How badly you want this"?.
I'll go mark then all my feature requests as just annoying (of the programmers) :wink: .

Rewbs and I have discussed the requirements of priority in the past, and we've decided that the programmers will assign priorities themselves in a system outside of the forum. Its not easy to implement a priority system, and if I would do it in the titlebar, like the status thingy, it will take more space which means less space for the actual title.

pelya

Quote from: "LPChip"Its not easy to implement a priority system, and if I would do it in the titlebar, like the status thingy, it will take more space which means less space for the actual title.
But poll feature is already there  8) . At least some statistical feedback - not much users post "Oh I want that too!" messages.

LPChip

Quote from: "pelya"
Quote from: "LPChip"Its not easy to implement a priority system, and if I would do it in the titlebar, like the status thingy, it will take more space which means less space for the actual title.
But poll feature is already there  8) . At least some statistical feedback - not much users post "Oh I want that too!" messages.

A poll wouldn't add much value to that topic. If you want to give your opinion on how badly you want, its much easier to write it in that post.

You want something that is visible from the list of topics. A poll doesn't say what value was voted for, and if a feature is really cool enough, others will reply. I've seen it alot with a few features, so it will happen.

Saga Musix

in fact, i don't care if it's RC3, RC4 or RC1337, but the most annoying bugs (like noise in the beginning of some tracks) definately have to be fixed. in my opinoin, such things have highest priority.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Let the programmers decide what the priorities are. They are in the flow of things.

pelya

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Let the programmers decide what the priorities are. They are in the flow of things.
Since I'm quite new to MPT source I'm trying to fix what seems to be the easiest. Also I tend to mess up with the priorities (look at my  most recent topic to get what I mean  :wink: ).
Maybe other programmers really are "in the flow of things". But since they are busy men and have no time to order me around, you're the one in charge ;) (and lpchip of course 8) ).

Sam_Zen

Excuse me, I didn't noticed that you are working with the MPT source.
But I'm not in charge here, I just keep the forum clean :)

LPChip

Well Pelya, its quite easy to say this. :)

Do it in such way that makes it most easy for you, as you are the programmer.

If you rather take the easy stuff, then its fine by me. Atleast that way we get some bugs fixed, and you learn to work with the code so you can try to do the harder issues at a later stage.

The new system will have a priority system though, this one just not.