More default directories

Started by Rakib, May 19, 2007, 14:39:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Today we can locate our default song, samples and instrument directory.
It would god if we could have like that for vst presets also.
^^

le_parasite

L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

pelya

Quote from: "Rakib"Today we can locate our default song, samples and instrument directory.
There's no such option in Setup, but MPT remembers the last visited VST plugins directory in .ini file.

LPChip

Quote from: "pelya"
Quote from: "Rakib"Today we can locate our default song, samples and instrument directory.
There's no such option in Setup, but MPT remembers the last visited VST plugins directory in .ini file.

No it doesn't.

Open MPT remebers the last visited directory for that session. If you use the treeview on the left, that directory is altered too I believe. Or atleast when you open and change directory.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Quote from: "pelya"There's no such option in Setup, but MPT remembers the last visited VST plugins directory in .ini file.
If you press ctrl + F1 and then go to general you can find where to locate your default folder.

I was thinking about these folders:
vst-effects
vst-instruments
vst-presets

And if you just leave them empty it will only stay the same ya as today.
^^

Saga Musix

I've added the default directories "VST-Plugins" (which already existed in one way or another in the sourcecode, but it was always the dir of the last loaded plugin) and "VST Presets". I can not separate this into Effects as Instruments (at least for the former, it might be possible for the latter), because both are loaded using the same dialog ("Add...") - How should modplug know in advance whether you want to load VSTi or a VST Effect? ;) I have a default directory "VST", and this has two subdirectories "VST" and "VSTi" - so that's just one click more.

QuoteNo it doesn't.

Open MPT remebers the last visited directory for that session. If you use the treeview on the left, that directory is altered too I believe. Or atleast when you open and change directory.
that's wrong btw. It's done as pelya described it.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Ok, feature implemented in the new test version. If anything is going wrong, please tell us to re-open this request.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.