[experimental ambient] dance to the beat (it)

Started by cubaxd, May 14, 2007, 21:45:08

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

don't believe the song title. It's not possible to dance to this music. :)
And watching the pattern display can cause epilepsy. ;)

this is a veery slow piece with orderless drumbeats.

dancetothebeat.it.zip, 3:33, 1.4M

Relabsoluness

Nice atmosphere, and looking at pattern structure gives another reason for wonderment.

Sam_Zen

I've tried .45 and .46, but this is hard to judge, according to the ticks, glitches and other dirtifications of the song while listening.
I guess it's because I see in the patterns a lot of jumping back and forth within the rows of the pattern during playing.

cubaxd

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"Nice atmosphere, and looking at pattern structure gives another reason for wonderment.
thx :) this pattern structure with all the jumps was the best way to prevent myself from following conventional (beat) structures,
although this involves the danger that the music can be for most people a bit too experimental: :)

Quote from: "Sam_Sen"I guess it's because I see in the patterns a lot of jumping back and forth within the rows of the pattern during playing.
hehe - you've been warned ;)

mrvegas

Impressive -- glitch without a glitch VST.

A little experimental, but you always seem to get very good quality sound directly from the mod format.  Well done.

Sam_Zen

It was not a matter of experimental, I really had distortions in the playback, and found the source of it : Channel one.
I saved it being solo of pattern nr 1 :
http://www.louigiverona.com/webarchive/samzen/download/oggs/dttb_1.ogg
(Take in consideration that I run on 600 Mhz) If I mute this channel, the rest sounds fine.

Saga Musix

nice ambient stuff dude ;) but indeed, noone can dance on this :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

aGIANTpupafish

argh my eyes.
i want to see sum1 dance to this!  :boogie:

nice job though on the ambience

:)
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

cubaxd

thx for your replies  :)

@Sam_Zen:
It seems that you don't like disturbing noises as much as i do ;)
I played the mod with channel 1 turned off, but it seems to me there's something missing.

But that is one of the big advantages of module files - you can simply turn off all the sounds you don't like :)

rewbs

:D nice work - i especially like idea of looping over the Gxx's.