[Trance] Broken Theories (MP3) First track (kinda)

Started by SoundCrafter, May 15, 2007, 16:36:45

Previous topic - Next topic

SoundCrafter

Hey everybody! This is my first track in Reason...I consider it my first, basically (not that I don't love MPT! I actually downloaded it on my new PC...Damn Reason doesn't support VST/VSTi). It's hosted on my MySpace page:

Broken Theories: //www.myspace.com/djsoundcrafter

As always I'd love your input! Thanks all!
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Saga Musix

nice tune, but it sounds unfinished too my. i dunno why...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SoundCrafter

Hmm...never heard of that before. Any reason at all?
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

CrazyAznGamer

I think it sounds unfinished because of the sparse minimalistic approach to instrumentation and harmonic/beat variety. The minimalistic thing is cool, but having a dirty synth bass play one note after another without change would kinda repetitive, to say the least. In my opinion, that's fine if you have some sort of change, or say, build, in the song. But really, the most build I got would probably be the lead around 3:30. So yeah, there's lots of room to expand upon this song.
Also, some nitpicky crits: I think the speed of glissando for the lead around 3:30 detracts from it, and that you should glissando a bit faster. Unless you want it to sound corny... ;D Also, the random drum sequences at the beginning and ending the song can be safely removed, as they are, err, random. Or you can expand on those, maybe link it back to the original song.

On a side note, I might be asking to friend you on myspace music sometime in the future. Once my myspace is presentable. :D
Dialup is a pain in the ass. :(

xincbox

i wouldn't say it sounds unfinished, it's just good simple dance! good stuff. The preview of 'Paramour' sounds good, that your second~?

SoundCrafter

@CAG:
Well, the minimalism is mostly attributed to my lack of experience. And I personally like the gliss speed. And my drum breaks are inspired by Tiesto's Adagio For Strings...Sorry, that sounded rather bitchy. =P

@Xincbox:

Thanks man. As a matter of fact, Paramour is my second. I'll email you the NEW preview.
You on a sequencer yet?

mrvegas

Pretty cool dance\trance type track.  Reason sounds pretty good.  I've thought about that for a while, but I'm not really sure it would suit what I do.

Anyway, nice work.