[Rock] A Better Life (2n revision) [mp3] (non myspace link)

Started by Asharin, April 29, 2007, 18:55:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Asharin

Redid the vocals, and it's also remixed in REAPER (but still composed in modplug!) tis the second track down:
http://z0mg.myzen.co.uk/mp3/BetterLife.mp3
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

Sam_Zen

I like it.
Maybe the solosound introduced at 0:55 could have more distinction towards the other sounds with a bit less of hall.

Asharin

New version up on 'myspace'  download available from there (I'm just too lazy to upload it to my webspace too right now :p)

Pesho_Zmiata

Hey, i listened to "Secret Life", good stuff! It reminds me of U2. :) I would only suggest some more guitar sharpmness, some noise control to make the instruments more clear and a higher bitrate mp3 because the one in there sounds kinda deaf in places.

Asharin

Quote from: "Pesho_Zmiata"Hey, i listened to "Secret Life", good stuff! It reminds me of U2. :) I would only suggest some more guitar sharpmness, some noise control to make the instruments more clear and a higher bitrate mp3 because the one in there sounds kinda deaf in places.
Funny you should mention that 'cos I remixed Secret Life this mornign before work. I'll upload the newer version....eventually..

mrvegas

Listening to Secret Life and Better Life right now -- well, not at the same time.  It does remind me a little of U2.  Cool stuff.

LPChip

I actually wanted to listen, but I hate myspace too much... Sorry :(

Feel free to upload it to your own site though, and update your post.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Asharin

Quote from: "LPChip"I actually wanted to listen, but I hate myspace too much... Sorry :(

Happy now? :P

LPChip

Quote from: "Asharin"
Quote from: "LPChip"I actually wanted to listen, but I hate myspace too much... Sorry :(

Happy now? :P

:D

I'll give it a listen this weekend. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

I guess you have to work a bit on the vocals, as they're slightly off key. Also, the soundquality sounds strange compared to rock, especially since I hear lots of reverb. It gives everything a metalic character, which is not what rock supposed to be.

You could put an EQ over it to fix that though. Rock usually has much bass and less trebble.