New Mouse and Keyboard

Started by Really Weird Person, September 20, 2008, 02:11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

psishock

Hey, nice setup RWP ^_^
I've got the original (old) G15 keyboard model, and a Razer Diamondback mouse. Both are very excellent hardware. The keyboard was the best buy in my lifetime, i am more satisfied with this product that any other hardware upgrade i had.

I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Looks quite cool, this KB. Does the small display on top has any function ?

LPChip

I also have the old G15 keyboard. The LCD display can show a clock and date, also other information like memory and CPU usage, and ingame it can usually show the gameinformation if this is supported by the game. Also certain progams have plugins to use the LCD display. For instance, I have a plugin for miranda to use any of the protocols I use, display the text in the LCD. I can even chat using the keyboard alone. This allows me to play a game and have an msn chat without quitting the game.

As Mouse, I used to have the Razer Copperhead. A very good mouse, which unfortunatelly for me got broken. I replaced it with a Logitech G9, which I consider to be even better than the Razer Copperhead. The problem with the razer for me was that I couldn't hold it properly which caused me to have a different grip each time and for an FPS game, a different grip means different responses. Although I still have that issue with almost every mouse, with the G9, I got that compensated by using weight and its precision skin. (comes with 2 skins)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

To Sam:
I've used LCD Studio and made my own display script, that displays every informations that i could need:
- CPU usage
- CPU temperature
- GPU temperature
- Memory usage
- FPS
- resolution / refresh rate
- date / time
- first HDD temperature
- second HDD temperature
- C, D and G drives space usage
- main volume
- winamp: current song played (scrolling)
- winamp: Kbit rate
- winamp: hours/minute/seconds left
- winamp: progress bar
- winamp: peak bars

and all this on one page of the tiny display, with the help from LCD studio, it is very neat and helpful. =)

To LPChip:
i've got a fairly small hand and palm, so the diamondback was very enjoyable to hold and control, i only had trouble with those "natural" mouses because of their size. I'm kinda different when it comes to holding a mouse. I don't put my hands over them (like i should i guess) but i lay it down in the front of mousepad, and only holding the mouse and controlling it with 4 of of my fingers. This way my hand is resting all the time, only the fingers move and do all the job. =)

älskling

Thanks for the tip on LCD Studio, I'll see if I can put it to good use with my Z10 speakers :)

psishock

Ur welcome älskling, it's very easy programed and you can make even your own graphical interface (i did some nice one for me) and use it on almost any LCD.
Great piece of software.

LPChip

Quote from: "psishock"To Sam:
To LPChip:
i've got a fairly small hand and palm, so the diamondback was very enjoyable to hold and control, i only had trouble with those "natural" mouses because of their size. I'm kinda different when it comes to holding a mouse. I don't put my hands over them (like i should i guess) but i lay it down in the front of mousepad, and only holding the mouse and controlling it with 4 of of my fingers. This way my hand is resting all the time, only the fingers move and do all the job. =)

The razer mouse made me stop doing that, otherwise I couldn't use the middle mouse button. X)

Now that I use the G9 mouse, I actually still do it that way, but the G9 mouse is smaller than the razer one.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Quote from: "LPChip"The razer mouse made me stop doing that

:shock: no mouse will make me quit my favorite habit. =)

Sam_Zen

Hm, quite sophisticated use of the LCD display.
I guess the three key-groups at the left are programmable too ?

psishock

that is correct =)
they can be used as key shortcuts, or you can even program some advanced macro key combinations on them (even time based ones).

You got physical keys from G1 to G18, but the keyboard has 3 memory slots (you can switch between then with M1-M3 keys) so you can practically store 54 key combinations this way.

also every button is illuminated , so its very visible at night too. (it can be turned off if not needed of course)

you got also a "gaming" switch, which turns off windows key and context menu key so when you're in the trance of adrenaline rush, pressing them accidentally won't make your game loss focus. =)