.47 Bad pattern scrolling when clicking

Started by Saga Musix, May 13, 2007, 12:07:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Ensuring that cursor is visible works, but i found a new strange behaviour.
I think that's the way it happens.
1) Set cursor position to 1st channel.
2) Scroll to the last channel (e.g. channel 32) without moving the cursor
3) click a channel that is visible
4) now the pattern scrolls, although it's not necessary.

Edit by rewbs: topic should describe the bug.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

rewbs

I don't understand step 3.
Edit: sorry I get it now  - reproduced and bug description clarified.

rewbs

The problem is the separate consecutive calls to SetCurrentRow() and SetCurrentColumn() that occur when the pattern editor is clicked.
If the cursor is off-screen when the click occurs, SetCurrentRow() will result in scrolling back to the cursor's original column. Then, the call to SetCurrentColumn() causes another scroll to restore the visibility of the new column position.

pelya

Since that was my bugfix  :oops:  I've posted patch against that new bug introduced.

--- Yay, my first patch is committed! I'll set some avatar picture to celebrate it  8) .

Saga Musix

okay, there's another strange behaviour which seems pretty the same: if i set the cursor to channel 1 and scroll again to the last channel, it automaticly scrolls back to channel 1. that's annoying if you just want to see "what' going on over there" - at the other channels.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

rewbs

Jojo, I'm guessing you have Follow Song on?

Saga Musix

yes. i need it. :) and this new behavious is quite annoying. one should be able to turn it off.

rewbs

Saga Musix

i'm sorry but the site looks kinda broken to me - coz I can't see any download links anymore for the relaeses - just the changelogs! also, the table header says "OpenMPT dev build v ()" i think a version is missing here. seems like something went wrong over there.

EDIT: I got the file using the RSS feed now, let's see if it works! ;)

Saga Musix

okay, it works in .48 - my day is saved! it was a pain to do large tracks (like Grinimal) with this bug - again, thanks for the good work!