Remebering horizontal pattern position

Started by Saga Musix, March 10, 2007, 17:41:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Hi,
it would be very nice if modplug remebered the *correct* horizontal pattern postion when leaving the pattern tab, going another tab and coming back again. currently. it only remembers the cursor's position and ensures that the  cursor is visible when coming back, so the cursor is always in the most-right column if you have a large number of channels. is it possible to remeber the correct position of the whole window? if you are editing several channels at once and leave the window in order to f.e. check an instrument, you have to search the channels because everything moved.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

pelya

I already posted this issue as a bug and even wrote patch for it  8)
It isn't in the source tree yet  :cry:

Saga Musix

okay, maybe you want to include pelya's code in .47... ? :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I'll set this one to (S=A), and Jojo, stop wishing for .47 etc :P It comes when it comes. ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Set it back to open so I remember to integrate the patch.
Pelya, thanks for the patch and sorry for being slow. If you make any more patches, can you make them against HEAD of trunk? thanks.
Edit - duh, forgot what A meant, set back to A.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"I'll set this one to (S=A), and Jojo, stop wishing for .47 etc :P It comes when it comes. ;)

*Jojo begins to prepare his list of 1000 wishes*

:P

pelya

Quote from: "rewbs"Set it back to open so I remember to integrate the patch.
Pelya, thanks for the patch and sorry for being slow. If you make any more patches, can you make them against HEAD of trunk? thanks.
Edit - duh, forgot what A meant, set back to A.
I posted this patch again for trunk in Modplug-developers. Don't use old patch - it contains a bug  :oops: .
Also removed the corner-paste feature from the patch, because it didn't get much support (and I forgot how it works in few days :? ).