Select certain parts of a song

Started by Really Weird Person, May 11, 2007, 02:48:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

Here is an idea for a feature to add to Modplug Tracker! A feature should be added to allow the user to select certain parts of a song. What I mean is this is this. Do you know how in most applications, you can press Shift + the arrow keys, Home, or End and you can select specifict parts of something? I do not see that in Modplug Tracker at all! I believe that it should be added! It could be as follows.

Shift-right arrow - Move right and highlight one section of a channel
Shift-left arrow - Move left and highlight one section of a channel
Shift-End - Move to (and highlight to) the last channel
Shift-Home Move to (and highlight to) the first channel
Shift-Control-End - Move to (and highlight to) the last row
Shift-Control-Home - Move to (and highlight to) to the first row
Shift-Control-Alt-End - Move to (and highlight to) the last row of the last channel
Shift-Control-Alt-Home - Move to (and highlight to) the first row of the first channel
Note: These should be activated from the current position. What this means is this. If you are on row 33 (32), but you want to highlight to the very end, you can just press Shift-Control-Alt-End to do this. What these functions will do is allow the user to select as much data as they need without having to hold the mouse button (which they may easily let go of by accident)!
Does anyone (other than me) like this idea?

pelya

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"Do you know how in most applications, you can press Shift + the arrow keys, Home, or End and you can select specifict parts of something? I do not see that in Modplug Tracker at all! I believe that it should be added!
:shock: I've used Shift+Arrows combination in OpenMPT since 1.17RC2 and it works just as you described. Maybe you messed something with keyboard setup? Goto Setup/Keyboard/PAttern Editor - General/Selection key shortcut. It must be Shift-Shift. Or just use default.mkb file from fresh MPT installation.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "pelya"
Quote from: "Really Weird Person"Do you know how in most applications, you can press Shift + the arrow keys, Home, or End and you can select specifict parts of something? I do not see that in Modplug Tracker at all! I believe that it should be added!
:shock: I've used Shift+Arrows combination in OpenMPT since 1.17RC2 and it works just as you described. Maybe you messed something with keyboard setup? Goto Setup/Keyboard/PAttern Editor - General/Selection key shortcut. It must be Shift-Shift. Or just use default.mkb file from fresh MPT installation.

yeah, i also don't know what weirdo is talking about... works fine here

but i think we still need this options for the pattern-playlist
(also for duplicate, remove and insert) :P

..was already brought up somewhere else
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V