Mysterious Extra Data in Channels (Bug?)

Started by Really Weird Person, May 07, 2007, 22:21:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

I wonder something? For some reason, if you do Copy Pattern (by right clicking a pattern number at the top, then clicking on Copy Pattern), some mysterious notes are placed in the channel after the last one in the song. For example, I have a song that is 18, channels. I am mixing it with another song. For some reason, if I do a Copy Pattern, some notes get placed in Channel 19 that I do not want. However, if I do Control-5, copy the pattern) (Control-Insert) (or C, I use Insert now), then paste (Shift-Insert or Control-V) (I use Shift-Insert now) it into the the other song, I do not get those extra notes in Channel 19.
I changed the Copy and Paste combinations for three main reasons.
1. The Insert key is much closer to the arrow keys than C and V.
2. Control-Shift-Insert does not do anything, so I only have two options (either copy or paste).
3. I often got frustrated because I would want to paste something, but I would bump C by accident and copy nothingness! I figured that I might not do that as often with Insert.

LPChip

It almost sounds like these keys also trigger something else.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I think i experienced something like that years ago in the old modplug. i found out that those notes were notes from the 1st channel...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.