v1.17.02.46 available

Started by rewbs, May 07, 2007, 14:11:52

Previous topic - Next topic

maleek

Great to see this. Modplug still rules supreme in my book. :D

LPChip

Quote from: "maleek"Great to see this. Modplug still rules supreme in my book. :D

If you're talking about the fact that .46 is out, then maybe try .47 and .48 too? :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

maleek

LPChip:

I should probably come here more often, obviously :lol:

My hat is off to you guys

LPChip

Quote from: "maleek"LPChip:

I should probably come here more often, obviously :lol:

That, or we shouldn't release 3 builds in about 1,5 week or so, after having not given out a build for a few months? :nuts:

But thanks for the compliments. I'm sure the Dev's are pleased to hear that their hard work is greatly being appreciated. :) (also by me ofcource)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"That, or we shouldn't release 3 builds in about 1,5 week or so, after having not given out a build for a few months? :nuts:
In fact, i rather like the option to just fix a few bugs and release a "weekly build" instead of releasing one release per half year and everyone has to wait till 100 bugs are fixed :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"
Quote from: "LPChip"That, or we shouldn't release 3 builds in about 1,5 week or so, after having not given out a build for a few months? :nuts:
In fact, i rather like the option to just fix a few bugs and release a "weekly build" instead of releasing one release per half year and everyone has to wait till 100 bugs are fixed :D

This was not due to lazyness of wanting to put many bugfixes together.

It was merelly because Rewbs, who maintain the releases, was too busy to get all the bugfixes from Relabs and Pelya into the build to release a newer version.

Don't forget: they also have their own life, and they do this as a hobby!

Saga Musix

well, if i had VS05, i'd really like to join the team - i already know php and a bit of java, so it shouldn't be tooooooo hard :) but well, no VS05, no fun i suppose... damn, why don't you write this in VC98 or VB98? :nuts:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

pelya

Quote from: "Jojo"well, if i had VS05, i'd really like to join the team - i already know php and a bit of java, so it shouldn't be tooooooo hard :) but well, no VS05, no fun i suppose... damn, why don't you write this in VC98 or VB98? :nuts:
I think you should know a lot of Java actually to understand C++ code.  On the other hand PHP has the same level of weirdness as C++ does.
The developers (except me) actually use VS2003, but I think MPT source can be compiled with VC98 with not so many changes (there are still some old VC98 project files in repository - if you manage to compile MPT with VC98, you're definitely in!).
The best thing IMHO would be modifying source to be compiled with WineLib in Linux or even in Windows using Cygwin and g++ using f.e. Eclipse IDE. All following programs (except Windows :lol:) can be downloaded for free. And g++ is arguably better than Visual C++, 'cause it has operator typeof() :) , can compile for exotica platforms 8) and has better expression parser.

LPChip

Pelya, will you be offended if I didn't understood your last post? :nuts:

Okay, correction, I did understood the word PHP, but thats as far as it went :P

Saga Musix

well, "knowing a bit of java" does not refer to my "skillz" but rather to that i didn't do anything with it yet - i know the syntax and everything, but i never did a project in java ;) i did a lot stuff in PHP already...

pelya

Quote from: "LPChip"Pelya, will you be offended if I didn't understood your last post? :nuts:

Okay, correction, I did understood the word PHP, but thats as far as it went :P
Ehm. Sorry for bad english  :oops: .
I mean we can tweak MPT code to be compiled on Linux (and run on Linux, hopefully) using Winelib (the Windows emulator). Then we install Cygwin (the Linux emulation for Windows) and voila - we're compiling MPT code with totally freeware tools (if you don't mind running Windows emulator on Linux emulator which is definitely perversion). That will require some effort however. The first part (making MPT run on Linux) should be done anyway I think.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "pelya"I mean we can tweak MPT code to be compiled on Linux
Might take quite a 'tweak' :)

LPChip

Um Pelya,

I kind of made a joke about not being able to understand you. But not because of poor english language, but because of the usage of all kinds of technical terms that I never heard of :P

PPH

Great! Thank you, guys!
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============