ModPlug mentioned in Computer Music magazine

Started by rewbs, May 03, 2007, 19:39:59

Previous topic - Next topic

rewbs

Hi all,

This month's CM (http://www.computermusic.co.uk/) - that's issue 113 - has a special feature about trackers. Modplug is listed amongst the top 5 (with Buzz, Renoise, reViSiT and NitroTracker - sadly no Psycle, which discredits the article a bit imho) along with this blurb.

The article also has mini interviews of the awesome Venetian Snares who "hates doing breakbeats in anything other than a tracker" and Breakage, who has "unleashed a slew of timeless classics on the drum'n'bass scene" and who "uses ModPlug Tracker to this day".

Looks like the world is on to our little secret.. :)

KrazyKatz

Would you believe it! About time. I'm glad its making a scene, maybe if theres more interest than more programmers could get involved and it might even get funding... Or should I keep dreaming?

All the respect to Modplug!

All the respect to trackers!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

This is certainly nice :)

2 KrazyKatz: Its not really necessary to get funds. Programmers would be nice tho :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Snu

oooh, nice!
how popular is that mag? never heard of it. tho, any exposure is good, especially in print!

but only 64 channels and 80 virtual? i dont remember it ever having as few as 80 virtual chans.

and was modplug plugin really the first? i thought it came after the player...

MisterX

Quote from: "Snu"and was modplug plugin really the first? i thought it came after the player...

Yup - thus the name MODPlug for each of the programs. ;)
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

LPChip

I do believe that this article goes about MODPlug Tracker 1.16 though, not the OpenMPT 1.17.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

anyway "MODPLUG RULES" (as printed on the 2k6 b-s-v album) ;)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Harbinger

:? ...oh no....

Do any of you remember when U2 went from alternative to mainstream? Or Simple Minds. Or Talking Heads. And their latest music sucked?

I hope that doesn't  happen to OpenMPT now that it's all famous.

MisterX

Quote from: "Harbinger"I hope that doesn't  happen to OpenMPT now that it's all famous.

:)

I hate to break it to you, but this isn't the first time that MPT has appeared in "the media", or the second, or the third...
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

KrazyKatz

I think that as long as Modplug remains free, it wont become a mainstream mess.
If we were to slap a $200 price tag on it, well... who knows what dastardly things could become of it.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Pesho_Zmiata

I remmember reading about Modplug in a PC magazine here in Bulgaria like 6 years ago... They said it was the "preferred tracker" of them all :wink: