[instrumental] theatervorstellung part II and III (it)

Started by cubaxd, April 23, 2007, 16:34:28

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

Hi,
I'm posting this 2 songs in one topic, as they are more or less related.
If i had a favourite i would have uploaded only one of them, but i couldn't decide :)

Part II, 829k, 5:11
Part III, 1.6M, 2:55

Sam_Zen

There is a thread in the general section from JimboKudo about the need for violin samples. Well...

Part II : What to say.. I just leaned back and enjoyed. Part III the same.
A minor point about the production of III : a quite narrow panorama. Although the reverb creates some width, all sources seem to come from the center.

cubaxd

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"There is a thread in the general section from JimboKudo about the need for violin samples.
okay, i've added the URL with the samples, maybe it helps him :)

QuoteA minor point about the production of III : a quite narrow panorama. Although the reverb creates some width, all sources seem to come from the center.
that's what i already forgot to do in part 1. :oops:

KrazyKatz

III is clearly a better made piece. More variation and cleverly thought out.
II is more reliant upon Bombastic big sounds.

What instrument do you play?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

cubaxd

@KrazyKatz
Thanks a lot :)

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"What instrument do you play?

"IRL" i'm playing guitar :) This was also my first instrument. Well, not really, it wasn't a real guitar, it was a thing to cut eggs into small pieces :lol:
But it had strings and i liked it.

Later i bought an E-guitar and i played in an oi-punk band, called "Billy Boiz", when i lived in Stuttgart, but it was only a fun project, and we had only one "concert" in Kornwestheim, so you will (unfortunately) not find anything about that band.

Sam_Zen

Great. I like to play also on the steel strings of such an egg-slicer whenever I get the chance.

KrazyKatz

Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Reason I asked was I thought it was piano since you have a a good counterpoint approach. Keep it up man.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

cubaxd

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.
LOL :D

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Great. I like to play also on the steel strings of such an egg-slicer whenever I get the chance.
:lol:
This was a popular instrument, when i was a little child in the GDR :D

TIP: Some of these egg slicers are not attuned!! When you are about to buy a new one, always ask the shop assistant, if you could get some out of the box and play something on it. And when she's looking at you somewhat unbelievingly, you know they are garbage.
:wink:

Sam_Zen

Yes indeed ! Let's form a global foundation to put pressure on egg-slicer manufacturers and demand the production of single-string tunable egg-slicers..

cubaxd