controling vsti's

Started by tvdude, November 24, 2005, 01:09:13

Previous topic - Next topic

XAVT

Quote from: "aleksanteri"
Oh, and btw I made an ambient tune using the OpenSource version...
quote]

And regardles of the topic you shall, ofcourse, mention it ;)

You obviously are reletively new to tracking but it looks as though you work theraly and mitodiously, which always leads to great things. I`d be delighted to hear your work within half a year :)
As it is now, it`s rather simple, having only one melody, a quite repititous one and a simple drumset. The building itself of the track is simple, yet knowledgable, and the sound is quite prehestorical ;)

Yours truely, sir XAVT of the 5th avenue broadway rail station.
A cigarette a day keeps the doctor at bay.
A joint a week makes him look unique.

Sam_Zen

2XAVT
Nice. I like to add : A joint a day keeps the doctor away.

hematurge

I searched the forums and couldnt find a solution. So instead of a new topic this is just a more specific vsrsion of the original question posed in this topic, I think. Ok, here goes. I use Open Modplug Tracker version 1.17.02.35 (1.17RC3_) the generic one. When using a VSTI, drumatic 3 for instance, I assign a VST effect to the channel its in. This doesnt seem to affect the sound at all. Is it possible to use VSTs on VSTIs in OMPT, if so how?
At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols. - Aldous Huxley

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "hematurge"Is it possible to use VSTs on VSTIs in OMPT, if so how?
Yes. You need to route the output of your VSTi to the VST ("output to" in the "mix settings" on the general tab). Assigning a VST plugin to a channel is only for sample based instruments and for defining what plugin recieves macros in a channel.

hematurge

Thanks man, i knew it had to be something i was overlooking.  :oops:
At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols. - Aldous Huxley