[Orchestral] Viaggi Perculosi a Marte (IT) Film music

Started by aGIANTpupafish, April 09, 2007, 20:13:01

Previous topic - Next topic

aGIANTpupafish

Hey,

I'm a bit of a newb at this thing but here is my piece.

There aren't really any effects cos this is supposed to be an orchestra piece so you can't start launching off into effects :( and anyway i sort of use modplug to compose if u see what i mean

anyway I was thinking this could be some sort of backing music to a film or something like that

enjoy.
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

LPChip

I guess that a link would be a good idea in order to get something to play. I don't think many people here are able to spiritually receive the music by thinking it? :P If so then I really like it :D

PS. Film music, is also called soundtrack. So I figure your song is the genre SoundTrack. (often orchestral)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

aGIANTpupafish

oops :oops:

http://flabby.tv/Viaggi_Perculosi_a_Marte.zip

also, i didnt want to call it a soundtrack in case ppl thought it was for a specific film or something

going on holiday now

see you in a week.
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Sam_Zen

I'm not very into classical music, so I won't say much about the composition. Concerning the form in time I reckon it's for a film score indeed, because the way the piece starts, has little to do with the phrases at the end. It's played by the same orchestra, that's the common factor.

While listening, I detected some kind of background noise after a certain sound around pat 9 (I was playing back with MPP).
So I checked it out. It appeared to be instrument 7, 'OrchestraHit'. And it wasn't noise, but a strange, very short, looping going on at the start of the sound.

Saga Musix

It's maybe okay, but I can't really comment, because the samples are, to be honest, shitty - Standard General MIDI samples were never a good choice for doing orchestra stuff ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

aGIANTpupafish

yeah the samples are rubbish but this isnt the finished version and like i said this is just me having finsihed the peace.

next im gonna find gd samples and add vibrato and stuff

:D

cubaxd

Quote from: "aGIANTpupafish"next im gonna find gd samples and add vibrato and stuff

Why don't you look here for samples? These are really great for orchestral music, and they say the samples can be freely used for almost any reason :)