[Easy Listening/Classical] Seperated (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, April 17, 2007, 12:24:01

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

And another piano play by me :)

http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip-Seperated.mp3 (8,3 mb)

Length of this song: 6:55
--------------------------------

I'm really pleased with this song! Its more a song than usually the case with me, even featuring a theme. Its about how it is to be seperated. Giving the feeling of this happening, but also later in the song you actually can hear a moment of chaos in the harmony where the seperation takes place, and even better, its result will follow up, followed by the harmony when both rejoin again for a nice finally.

I'm very pleased by the sound, as this is the closest attempt to get my sound output near a real piano. Each time, it sounded so electronic, but this time, its really like you hear an instrument playing. :)

Enjoy, and I always appreciate any feedback :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

cubaxd

The quality of the song is really good, although for me personally there is too much harmony and too little chaos ;) but i assume that's why it's easy listening :)

LPChip

Quote from: "cubaxd"The quality of the song is really good, although for me personally there is too much harmony and too little chaos ;) but i assume that's why it's easy listening :)

Yeah, I personally don't like that much chaos, but I could play it though... :)

Maybe I should make a song like that... :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

tvdude

That is a beautiful piece!!!!!!  Well done!!!!  May I ask what your timing signature was?  What was your beats per minute and ticks per row?  Also, did you change speed with in the patterns?  how did you get the piece to sound as "organic" as you did?  Once again, very impressive!
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

LPChip

Quote from: "tvdude"That is a beautiful piece!!!!!!  Well done!!!!  May I ask what your timing signature was?  What was your beats per minute and ticks per row?  Also, did you change speed with in the patterns?  how did you get the piece to sound as "organic" as you did?  Once again, very impressive!

Hahaha, Okay, I'm sorry if I didn't made it clear, but I played this on my piano instead of tracking it :P

It is an entirelly improvised piece, so I have no clue what the BPM or time signature is :P

tvdude

lmao....well, I guess I know why it sounds so organic!
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Asharin

Very nice. Puts my playing to shame, I can pretty much only play at a snails pace these days, so rusty from lack of practice, hence why i was after a midi controller keyboard to keep my hand in :D
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

Sam_Zen

I don't care at all about attempts to imitate acoustic instruments 'perfectly' by electronic means personally. I understand the drive for the maker for the klone, but for the listener a clever suggestion is enough.
I felt melancholy in the first part, and a growing feeling of determination towards the end of the piece.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I don't care at all about attempts to imitate acoustic instruments 'perfectly' by electronic means personally. I understand the drive for the maker for the klone, but for the listener a clever suggestion is enough.
I felt melancholy in the first part, and a growing feeling of determination towards the end of the piece.

I don't really follow you here.

I played this piece on my digital piano. It was not tracked. How can this be an imitation?

Saga Musix

i think he referred to tvdude...
but indeed, this sounds very nice ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

I didn't refer to tvdude. I referred to
Quotethe closest attempt to get my sound output near a real piano
This suggests a drive to imitate the 'real' thing.
By the way, this is an academic OT, so never mind. :)
It's just that I notice that electronic instruments often are treated only as imitators of the 'real' acoustic thing.
Ignoring the own character of the instrument and the other potentials. A digital piano can have vibrato.

LPChip

Oh, but I ment something else.

In the past, when I recorded my digital piano, it sounded very metallic. Certain frequencies were boosted in an unnatural way. I changed the EQ settings to match it so that my computer records it without this artificial feeling. Nothing more :)