MODPlug forum Succesfully moved to another server.

Started by LPChip, March 18, 2007, 19:53:53

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "residentgrey"When can you use the modplug.com domain again? cant you re-reg your server to that url instead of lpchip.com?

I have to cancel my hosting first, but I plan to do so in the near future. I then have to redirect lpchip.com here.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

I have cancelled my old hosting account, and setup lpchip.com to be at my new hosting again.

This transfer was flawless so to say, as the server didn't had to go down or anything.

I have configured the forum to redirect traffic to lpchip.nl towards lpchip.com. Although they're the same, cookie related, it will not work.

For that reason, you probably have to login again. Sorry 'bout that :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

I was forced again to create a new PW, before I could log in.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I was forced again to create a new PW, before I could log in.

Well, there's something like remembering your password :P

Sam_Zen

I don't have to, it's saved in Firefox. But I guess that caused it, because there were different PW's, for the .com domain and the .nl domain.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I don't have to, it's saved in Firefox. But I guess that caused it, because there were different PW's, for the .com domain and the .nl domain.

Well, not even that. The password remains the same wether its on the .nl or .com domain because both are directing traffic to the same folder and the same database for that matter...

The cause is, that the cookies are linked to the domain itself, so changing between .nl or .com makes cookies behave incorrectly if set wrong. For that reason, when switching it to .com again, I made sure the cookies setting are being set as a NEW cookie instead of using the older setting it was set to before. This is to ensure you don't have to clear your cookies in order to make it work again.