New iconset

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 25, 2007, 05:57:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I checked out your website. But 'Stay' is linked to the 'Beautiful to me' file.
Reshacker is a nice one...

bvanoudtshoorn

Oops! Thanks for picking up on that. And yes, reshacker is very nice... I use it for doing all sorts of things to all sorts of apps. =)

Sam_Zen

I checked mptrack.exe ( v.48 ) with it and noticed at 'Icon group 200' the same bitmap as 'Icon group 201'. Quite silly.
So a fine opportunity to replace the second one with another icon. Because adding things is often more complicated.

Before this, I used an external 32x32 ico-file, I made from the splashscreen, to indicate it being the latest beta-version.
I managed to insert this ico-file with reshacker, instead of the 2nd duplicate, providing a 2nd choice of program-icon.
A first experiment, while playing safe, because the executable stays at the same file size.
Adding more Icon groups is another step.
The version of beta .48 with this tweak :
http://www.louigiverona.com/webarchive/samzen/download/mptrack_x.exe

maleek

Sam_Zen:

The link doesen't seem to work.

Everybody:

I just wanted to add my two cents. I am one of those who do like OMPT to be a little more like a "little girl dresses up her doll". :wink: I can't argue from a technical standpoint, I just feel that change is good when it comes to this dept. :D

Sam_Zen

Sorry. Updated.
http://www.louigiverona.com/webarchive/samzen/download/mptrack_2.exe

EDIT : Sorry, file removed, a while ago. (31-7-08)

Saga Musix

It's indeed time for a new icon set. It will happen... this weekend. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Maybe we can have contributions/suggestions/competition to pick the new icons?
Or even better -- customizable icons!! ;D

Saga Musix

Quote from: Harbinger on May 28, 2014, 19:42:24
Maybe we can have contributions/suggestions/competition to pick the new icons?
If by that you mean that everyone could contribute an icon or two, I can already tell that this would lead to an inconsistent mess. Right now, all icons are from the same icon pack or at least the same style as that icon pack was being used.
If people want to use their own icons, they can still do that the same way as before, actually it's easier because there is no longer a requirement to use paletted bitmaps.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.