Configure chained VSTs in the pattern editor

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 19, 2007, 11:04:46

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

I use VST(i)s an awful lot in my music, and I always have some sort of chain, even if it's just from a synth to a reverb, for example. However, when I'm writing my music in the pattern editor, there's no quick way of accessing plugins which are further down the chain. If I have a [Synth]-->[Reverb], I can open the synth by clicking the "plugin" button. To fiddle with the reverb, though, I have to go to the "general" tab, find the plugin, and then open it up.

What I'm looking for is some sort of graphical way of choosing plugins further down the chain. Maybe something like GNOME's location bar (take a look at this screenshot to see what I'm talking about).

LPChip

I agree that it would be nice to press the edit button, to give you a menu with all the plugins in that chain.

Until then, you actually are able to quickly access the other plugins in the chain by using the menu in the plugin handler: Audio->Output->plugin 2, plugin 3, etc...

Alternativelly, you could use a chainer vst(i). I use Xlutop Chainer myself. Agreed, it costs a bit of money, but you can even save your chain with all its settings which is a great thing IMHO.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Asharin

Quote from: "LPChip"
Alternativelly, you could use a chainer vst(i). I use Xlutop Chainer myself. Agreed, it costs a bit of money, but you can even save your chain with all its settings which is a great thing IMHO.
I never even thought of that! Thanks LP that's good advice. I also heard of something called Console, that is commercial, but it is a VST host that will likely load and run VST/VSTi's that are normally incompatible with Modplug. I may see if there's a demo to give it a try.
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

Saga Musix

Closing this request as it has been, in fact, already possible back then to quickly access the chained plugins: In the first plugin's editor, go to Info -> Outputs to access the chain plugin.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.