[DUPE] Expand Channels on General Tab

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 19, 2007, 10:54:37

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"Your eye sight must be 20-20 there, LPChip with a resolution of 1920x1600! I would imagine that your data is probably insanely small! The Start menu probably has about 250 programs in it and only takes up ¼ of the screen!

Actually no. I wear glasses and without it I can't see shit. With it, I can read it just fine.

But its not that tiny. Although 1920x1600 is a big workspace, my 24w" screen is really big too.

The view I have is equal to when you have a 19" LCD monitor that runs 1280x1024. Its really acceptable.

To compare it to a CRT monitor, I'd say: 800x600 on a 17" CRT.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

17" @ 800x600 is biiig :lol:
but b2t....
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

800x600 would be quite large on a 17" display. My display is probably only 15" (I am not sure though), and that resolution is quite large compared to 1024x768 and especially large compared to 1280x1024.

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"800x600 would be quite large on a 17" display. My display is probably only 15" (I am not sure though), and that resolution is quite large compared to 1024x768 and especially large compared to 1280x1024.

Don't forget that a 17" CRT is equal to a 15" LCD. 800x600 is not that big on a 15" LCD but its still acceptable. but maybe its indeed a bit overdone, and is 1024x768 on a 17" CRT a good comparison. I just wanna say that its very well to see. Much better than I though. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if my screen is 80 cm wide.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

le_parasite

L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

älskling

I'd prefer a "high res" mode where everything was 4x size and beatifuller.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Really Weird Person

Waxhead

I just noticed that people are talking about the channel grouping idea. In worst case there is always possible to hide custom data in a "sample". E.g. as long as this sample is not used (played) by modplug and/or any other player that support format XYZ it would be a useable solution IMHO until a decent super ultra mega fileformat is created. For paranoid reasons it is also possible to make this "datasample" loop in a empty area so that in case this sample get's played by some psyco player that does a few mistakes it should not be heard as long as it handles loops correctly.
...just a wild idea folks ;)

Saga Musix

you don't need to abuse samples for this. modplug has extended the IT format often enough, this proves that it's easily enhancable. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.