Windows 98 graphics issues

Started by mrvegas, February 26, 2007, 01:30:42

Previous topic - Next topic

mrvegas

I searched for posts on this, but couldn't find any.  I have to imagine it's been addressed at some point.  Here's the question:

In Windows 98, patterns other than the one I'm working on appear as shaded areas in the pattern editor.

Also, the instrument envelope section is messed up.  (I don't really care -- I don't use it much.)

Finally, the screens seem to be the wrong size.

That being said, the sound output (the most important thing) seems to be OK, and the program works.  I was just wondering if there was something I was missing, or if that's how am I punished for using an ancient operating system on my old laptop.

Thanks again for everyone's help.  As I said, I'm not complaining -- I'm liking MPT more and more as time goes by.

Sam_Zen

I also use trackers on a W98 laptop, so, can you be more specific ? MP version ? What do you mean by 'messed up' ?

Waxhead

Quote from: "mrvegas"
In Windows 98, patterns other than the one I'm working on appear as shaded areas in the pattern editor.
Are you sure that this is not the show prev/next pattern option who confuses you? OpenMPT have this feature enabled by default.

mrvegas

I'm using 1.17.RC2  (although I also have 1.16 in another folder)

--Are you sure that this is not the show prev/next pattern option who confuses you? OpenMPT have this feature enabled by default. --

Ahh, I didn't know this, oddly enough.  I'll check.  Actually, it can be a useful feature, so now I'm not sure I even want it disabled.  (I don't remember changing the settings to disable it on my XP machine, though.)

--I also use trackers on a W98 laptop, so, can you be more specific ? MP version ? What do you mean by 'messed up' ?--

In 1.17RC2 the envelope section just shows a bunch of weird patterns or colors.  This doesn't seem to be the case with 1.16.  (I was using 1.16 on the laptop for a little while, but the VST implementation is better in 1.17 and the much-discussed volume issues aren't there.)

As I said, as long as no one has had serious issues with the ultimate sound output, I'm not sure I care about any of this, but I thought I'd ask.  Thanks.[/quote]

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "mrvegas"Also, the instrument envelope section is messed up.
This was a known issue in 1.17 RC2, and I don't think it is fixed even in the development builds after RC2.

Lilith

I'm using windows 98 as i speak and all my modplug
software works fine. The Openmpt instrument issue is not a problem
with me, i mean i just turn the black button off and its clear black in the
instrument client area. On Windows 2000 my module would get and error
but on 98 my modules work perfectly fine for me.

These are my specs:
750mhz intel celeron
384mb of ram
ati radeon 9200 256mb of vram
resolution of 1024x786 or higher
direct X 9.0c
Windows 98 SE
Via Technologies. award bios :!:
impulse tracker is my favorite module format.