Import format

Started by Sam_Zen, February 28, 2007, 05:21:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I don't care about implementation of lossy formats, like Mp3 or Ogg, but I would like to be able to import Flac-files as a sample.

pelya

There's also M03 format similar to MOD but with mp3/ogg samples developed by un4seen.com. Noone is using it, but it should be nice to import it  :lol:

Saga Musix

Quote from: "pelya"There's also M03 format similar to MOD but with mp3/ogg samples developed by un4seen.com. Noone is using it, but it should be nice to import it  :lol:

the reason why no one "uses" it is because there is no tracker. MO3 *converts* MOD / S3M / IT / XM / UMX to MO3 using mp3 / ogg / flac encoders. it is suitable for games and stuff like that, you can even upload MO3s at the modarchive now, but you should only use it if you really need it to save space.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Wavedancer

How is it with X-Tracker formats like dmf, dsl, etc.? 10 years ago I bought X-Tracker and there's a few cool samples I want to use. In v1.16 DMF was just handled like IT, but there are a few problems, perhaps with the volume slide or vibrato slide.

Saga Musix

A friend of mine also used X-Tracker. He wrote an DMF -> XM converter (it's not complete yet,  but already advanced) - You may contanct him at *** and ask for it (say that Jojo gave you the hint :) )
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.