.45 Play / Stop Sample doesn't work

Started by Saga Musix, February 18, 2007, 01:22:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.0

Description of the bug:
When you hit the play/stop button (sample tab) without playing back a song, it works fine.
But if you start your song, every click on this button will start the sound again - without stopping the last playback!

Fixed in OpenMPT 1.17.02.53
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Sam_Zen

I can't reproduce this either. More info needed, I guess. All songs, some songs ?

Saga Musix

Yes, this happens with all modules (all formats) i tried. I enabled playback of the song and then hit the "play sample" button on the sample screen (you have to use a long or a looped sample of course). the sample continued each time i hit the "play sample" button. it stopped only when i hit the button for a second time when track playback was *disabled*.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

After understanding the thing correctly, I was able to reproduce it.

Sam_Zen

Ah, now I understand. You mentioned the play/stop button first, but you're talking about the 'play sample' button now.
I know this phenomenon, especially with samples set in a loop, and I had a problem with that when I first encountered it. How do I stop this sound ?
The same will happen if, during playback, you play the selected sample in the pattern-tab with keys of the keyboard.
One can produce a 4-key chord in this way by pressing 4 keys at the same time.
I admit, it's a bit inconvient to go to the sample tab and press that 'play sample' button again to stop it. At least it should be stopped if playback of the song is stopped.