Cooperative module idea / chainletter principle

Started by Waxhead, February 11, 2007, 15:37:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Waxhead

I bet everyone have heard of chain letters. Inspired by the recent compo here on ModPlug I have a idea about a cooperative module "compo" or whatever you wanna call it.

The idea is that we start off with a few simple samples and a fixed length of patterns (4 patterns).

Each participant adds 4 patterns to the module and submit it back to the organizer. The organizer will then send the module ahead to the next participant and when the list is complete we have a finished song that I'm sure will sound rather unique :)

I have also a few rules in my head but remember that this is just a suggestion and it all depends on how many are interersted in this idea:

RULES: (just proposal)
Each participant must:
- Add 4 patterns to the song (size=64)
- Optional: include 2 samples if he/she feels it's needed (max xxx kb)
- Submit the song back to the organizer withing the deadline (xxx days)
- No effects, No VST just plain simple *.it

Anyone interested?!

LPChip

So... this is kind of like the old 4Pat1 project right? Except that you are not allowed to change 1 pattern from the previous guy so you can make a transition to your part?

http://download.modplug.com/index.php?action=downloads&id=1264
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Waxhead

Geez... I was totaly unaware of this!  :shock:
But yes. You should NOT change what's allready there :)

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

CrazyAznGamer

Bumping this and applying. :)

Wouldn't call it a compo. Just a coop. A big coop. :P

How are we gonna name the song? Submit names and vote?

Lastly, I would go for pattern size 128: it gives people more room to develop their ideas. :D

EDIT: Also, maybe a channel restriction, like 32?

Waxhead

Quote from: "CrazyAznGamer"Bumping this and applying. :)

Wouldn't call it a compo. Just a coop. A big coop. :P

How are we gonna name the song? Submit names and vote?

Lastly, I would go for pattern size 128: it gives people more room to develop their ideas. :D

EDIT: Also, maybe a channel restriction, like 32?

Just throwing wild ideas around here
- What about caling the compo coop'o instead :) hehe
- Naming: This is a hard one. Perhaps I just select a name myself :)
- Patternsize: The entire point of the coop compo was to give people a fixed length to work with to avoid to much of each persons individual style. E.g. making the module really unique sounding instead of multi-unique if you understand what i mean ;)
- Channel restriction: off course. Why settle with 32 how about 8 or even 4? :)

xaimus

I am interested in joining.

Quote from: "Waxhead"- Channel restriction: off course. Why settle with 32 how about 8 or even 4? :)
no :(