.45 Load of trax slows Modplug down

Started by Saga Musix, February 07, 2007, 18:04:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.0

Description of the bug:
If you open a load of tracks in modplug, the cpu load gets very high (even on my other pc which doesnt have asio problems ^^), which is a thing that i really can't explain myself (senseless) - however, the bigger problem is that the pattern output and the VU-meter on the general tab stand still as long the mouse is moved.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Load a couple of modules (at least 15, i guess)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Yeah, I've pointed this out to rewbs some time ago...

It seems that adding more songs to mpt makes mpt cpu usage increase.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

good. let's hope that it's fixed in the .46 release.

btw, i hope that i don't look like someone who just sees the bugs in this software but not the great features it has. i still admire modplug... but it's time that those errors go...

do you have a clue when the next version will be released?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"good. let's hope that it's fixed in the .46 release.

btw, i hope that i don't look like someone who just sees the bugs in this software but not the great features it has. i still admire modplug... but it's time that those errors go...

do you have a clue when the next version will be released?

I doubt that it will be fixed in .046 as I've pointed this error out when we had release .29 or so. Its misterious why this happens to me, and I believe Rewbs once said it couldn't really be fixed, but it happened some time ago, so I'm not really sure.

When 0.46 comes you ask? When its being announced :P There is no schedule behind it as the programmers are people with their own lives that volumnteer to work on this in their spare time. If they have a day that they don't want to program on mpt, then they don't have to.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

I'm gonna close this bug. Rewbs, If it should be open, please reopen it.