.45 Weird screen output...

Started by Saga Musix, February 02, 2007, 17:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.xx (didn't happen with MPT 1.16)

Description of the bug:
Look at this pic...

How often does it happen?:
always

How to reproduce (step by step description):
1) Open a track =)
2) Set the channels to a value of at least 61*. the maximum is reached when you see the arrow buttons (when there are more tabs than visible on your screen)
3) On the general tab, choose a channel tab (but not the first one)
4) go on the pattern tab
5) go back to the general tab
6) look at the pixel garbage!

* this is maybe only in 1280x1024 mode.

Edit: Closed, can't reproduce this anymore.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

I wouldn't call it pixel garbage, it looks too logical for that.
It seems a mix of the previous pattern tab content, and the general tab.
As you can see, these contents are only visible in areas of the general tab, which are 'undefined' places without a button, etc.
Let's say 'the grey areas' filling up the frame. This also could be a problem of the graphics-memory of the system.

Relabsoluness

I also could reproduce the bug, but the occurance was somewhat arbitrary.

Saga Musix

Of course it is no garbage. I just call it like that ;P

It's annoying, though.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Annoying it is. So I did some testing. (1.17.02.45)
I can confirm the reproduction of this bug.
Not the first channel : confirmed. Only >= 61 (just 61-64 in this case) : confirmed.
I used an XM-file to open, so the max channels is 64, and it happened even without needing arrow buttons to scroll.
It appears to be not only with switching from the pattern tab, but I guess with all others as well. Here after the sample tab:

Remedy so far : Some refresh of the general tab representation. For example after a minimize/maximize action, the mix is gone. Or switching to another application on the foreground, then back to MPT.

Saga Musix

Is there any chance that this will be fixed in the next update? Coz Grinimal is my first track with more than 61 channels and now begins to annoy me (the bug, not the track :D) - as sam_zen already said, a simple refresh of the page could be the solution!

Waxhead

To me it looks like WM_PAINT is sent (via UpdateWindow() perhaps?) and is not always processed for some reason (smells like an overflow).
I guess the devs will squash this bug without much trouble ;)

Saga Musix

I'm still getting lotsa faulty graphics on channels 61+ :(