DDE-Message or something similar to open files

Started by Saga Musix, January 28, 2007, 14:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Hello,
I used the Windoze DDE messages to open multiple tracks in ModPlug Classic without opening dozens of windows. Now I want to use OpenMPT (coz of the ASIO which doesnt work properly in Classic MPT ^^) but the DDE Messages won't work. If I click on a module file without dde enabled, a new OpenMPT window opens.

So: how do I open many modules in the windows explorer in one modplug window? is this possible?

Edit: 3 years later, I found out that the DDE commands were just set up wrong back then. DDE still works in OpenMPT!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

You can make a selection in the explorer and drag it into the window of OpenMPT to open all of them.

Thats the best solution I can come up with for the moment. I guess the programmers easilly can program an option to go against multiple instances of OpenMPT.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

nah, i don't like drag'n'drop really... but i will try it as long there is no support for single instances..
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.