vst effects

Started by Modplugger, January 27, 2007, 16:13:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Modplugger

I wanna do some panning but non of the code i use r  working for me
only de volume V  an d some other is working.

Im using these codes S8f , Xff an d the P64...

What i'm doing wrong.? :(

SoundCrafter

Gonna need some more info. Are you using a VSTi and trying to get these effects? Because if that's the case, it probably won't work. You'll have to use Zxx macros to manipulate the VSTi's parameters.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

LPChip

Indeed, and if you just want to change VST effect's behavor, you'll have to do the same thing. (work with Zxx macro's :P)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Modplugger

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"Gonna need some more info. Are you using a VSTi and trying to get these effects? Because if that's the case, it probably won't work. You'll have to use Zxx macros to manipulate the VSTi's parameters.
yes they r vsti ..i gonna this out Zxx marcos...

thanks for the replay

georg

If you're going to ask people to take time and effort to help you out then you could take the time and effort to write properly while minimising the idiotic nonsense. Otherwise j00 r teh SUXX.

banbanbanbanban :evil:
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

LPChip

Quote from: "georg"banbanbanbanban :evil:

What georg, you want a ban? :o
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

I r done this r for people like u r.

give georg a banana.

georg

If you wish to control VST behaviour you don't have to send a note along with a SFn command. In fact you can do it in a different channel as long as that channel is wired to the VST.

Say you have a bassline in chn 1. You wire the output to a VST. You can setup the VST params. by hand if they are going to be fixed, but if you want to use slides you have to setup some macros. Say SF1-SF4. If you're going to slide a lot, or intend to change more than one param you need to separate the SFn commands. So put SF1 related stuff in chn 2. SF2 in chn 3. SF3 in chn4 and SF4 in chn 5. Wire channels 2-5 through the VST, and you have total controll. You need not put any notes in channels 2-5.

Now instead of using a single VST on channel 1 use a whole chain. You can control each of the VSTs in the chain by giving it separate "control" channels like chn. 2-5 in the previous examples. Your poor bassline is in for some chaos...

There, i'm showing off... GIMMIE MY BANANANA!!!!!

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "georg"If you wish to control VST behaviour you don't have to send a note along with a SFn command. In fact you can do it in a different channel as long as that channel is wired to the VST.
Well, good point! I guess it depends a little on if you're channel or instrument biased.

georg

And wheter you use VST or VSTi. I think VSTi allways need a note. But i don't use VSTi so i dunno.

My banana?

Modplugger

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"I r done this r for people like u r.

give georg a banana.

Thanks for the Site .... :lol:

LPChip

Quote from: "georg"And wheter you use VST or VSTi. I think VSTi allways need a note. But i don't use VSTi so i dunno.

My banana?

georg

That's exactley how i feel. 8)