Is it a bug on forum?

Started by Nucommers, January 24, 2007, 14:44:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Nucommers

Hey guys, is it me or this forum got bugs?
I tried to login 3 times and it gave me this error: Unable to connect MYSQL
what's going on?  :( anyone?

LPChip

Quote from: "Nucommers"Hey guys, is it me or this forum got bugs?
I tried to login 3 times and it gave me this error: Unable to connect MYSQL
what's going on?  :( anyone?

Its not a bug. We're victim of stupid companies that earn money by spamming our forums. Because of this, they send out programs that search for phpBB forums and it executes scripts that will register a user to spam their crappy content here. In addition to that, alot of unnecessary connections are being made, which will result in mySQL giving an Unable to connect: too many connections.

Nothing I can do but to ban these spambots. Can't prevent their massive connecting though :(

EDIT: Ugh, you're one of those motherfuckers causing this to happen... BAAAAAAN!!!!!!!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Next time you will recognize it. A new trick lately. Not some plain advertisement, but a question about the forum itself and the functioning.
As you can see, the text has a very general content, it could be placed on any forum.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Next time you will recognize it. A new trick lately. Not some plain advertisement, but a question about the forum itself and the functioning.
As you can see, the text has a very general content, it could be placed on any forum.

Yes. I always watch for 2 key signs to know if someone is a spambot or not.

1. The website has somekind of advertisement (hold mouse over www button but don't press it or you'll play their card)
2. User has an ICQ number.

If I'm still not sure, I'll put the user into the ACP and see what he entered for an email adress. Usually I can see it right away. If am still not sure, I leave it as it is.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs