Tell your Storm experience here

Started by LPChip, January 18, 2007, 18:58:06

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Here in the Netherlands, its storming like crazy. Windspeeds of over 100 km/h (some places reach even 130 km/h) has been measured. In germany the storm is twice as bad, reaching 200 km/h with a thunderstorm...

Today, people were adviced to not leave the house if not necessary. Trains stopped riding here and people are stranded at several stations. At this point in time, trains still not ride and people probably have to spend the night in nearby locations near the trainstations.

At my job things came down too, and people that had to travel far were adviced to leave earlier. We couldn't go through the normal route as it was too dangarous.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Snu

wow, and i thought a couple inches of snow was wild (we dont get much snow here)... well, over here in oregon (usa northwest) its decent weather, if a bit cold.

Sam_Zen

I noticed the tremendous luxury in a country like this, if such things happen. Aid-services are organized anywhere, Heated halls
with free coffee and sandwiches for stranded travellers, enough beds, train tickets are declared still valid for the next day.

The dikes get surveillance, the waterpumps are started to a high capacity level, a phone number is opened to get information about the position of relatives, and also a website. If things are coming down from roofs, the police is at once there to mark the surroundings with tape, to warn for the dangers. Special teams are going to check the railways for obstacles in the middle of night.

Not in Bangla Desh I guess..

SoundCrafter

haha...sounds like the exact opposite of New Orleans...

Aah, how I wish I lived in Europe.

WelcomeToAmerica.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

rncekel

Here in Spain, we haven't seen any snow this winter. And not even rain, since a couple of weeks. It is supposed that it will change next Monday, and that we will have real winter then. I hope that it will rain, because the contamination is getting thicker and thicker around Madrid...
Everyone tells the same in a different way...

LPChip

We haven't had real winter here either, and I don't think we'll have one this entire year either.

I agree with Sam_Zen bytheway. The Netherlands is very well organised when something like this happen. Am glad we have this.

We have collegues that live all over the country. One of my collegues was stranded here in Amersfoort, and had to stay the night over. He called us about an hour ago that he finally got home and now is resting in bed.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

2 SoundCrafter
That town came up in my mind, while writing, I must admit.. :)

I guess, that the interest on the media in the issue of 'climat change' will vary also per country / continent.