[COMPO] Are you in for one?

Started by LPChip, December 29, 2006, 23:46:27

Previous topic - Next topic

residentgrey

i might as well, with good ole LP makin the samples you know they would be great  :D

i need to get back into the groove, or finally IN the groove as the case may be.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

LPChip

Quote from: "MaxL"I'm in! Would prefer XM to IT, but will enter anyway just as long as we're free to choose genres..

Then change the song to XM :P

As for the genres, I'm not so sure it will be possibe to choose any... There will be a limitation in the samples, but if you're able to break them (which is part of the objective in this compo) then by all means, do so :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

When is the kick-off planned?

LPChip

Quote from: "apple-joe"When is the kick-off planned?

When I finished the samplepack. I have about 4 samples ready now, but I want to add about 4 to 8 to get more variety and give more possibilities.

Don't worry though, I plan to give a long deadline, with option to stop earlier if everyone finished their track earlier.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

Okay, sounds fine. I assume it's not too long before it starts then.

Waxhead

I would like to participate in this compo as well. Heh this is just like in the good old ProTracker days when you loaded someones else module and started messing around with it ;D

LPChip

I have a samplepack now. The samplepack currently is in HQ, and goes into a 7.80 mb big .IT file, which is rarred to 3.69 MB.

Is this acceptable for everyone? Or shall I reduce the quality and bring it down to somewhere around 1 MB?

Snu

Quote from: "LPChip"I have a samplepack now. The samplepack currently is in HQ, and goes into a 7.80 mb big .IT file, which is rarred to 3.69 MB.

Is this acceptable for everyone? Or shall I reduce the quality and bring it down to somewhere around 1 MB?

fine by me, im on broadband now :)
maybe ill participate, if i can come up with something.
if you do make it smaller, could you supply both the full quality and the low quality version?

LPChip

Well, its not impossible to do, but I want it to sound equally to everyone, so I'm not sure if I'll do it.

Don't count on it. Not because I'm too lazy (which I actually am :P ) but because I don't find it fair to those that can't download/upload the big file.

I'm merelly finding out if there is someone that will have problems downloading the song, or thereafter upload it.

Note, that if required, I can make something to allow uploading.

SoundCrafter

First, is anyone on dialup? I certaintly am not (anymore). I personally think that if you can Rar it down 3.7, even Dialuppers can download it (I always did.) Plus intentional downsampling is unforgiveable. In my opinion.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Snu

indeed, i downoladed quite a lot when i was on dialup, and 3.7mb isnt any bigger than an mp3, plus if everyone does a sample cleanup, the pack wont be as big.
but if there is a lq pack, would just want the hq pack  so i could replace the instruments for my own listening (or for a later release), even if i submitted it using the lq samples.

apple-joe

So it may seem like I'm joining this one. Spent about an hour last night and created - for the first time in quite a while - a piece longer than 10 seconds.

Also, I'm getting a certain flow of ideas which I want to try out again. Suitable mood for a compo period.

Sam_Zen

When on dialup, if I really wanted some file of 4 Mb, it was no problem. I went for coffee or something.
Although I agree on trying to have the same circumstances for every contestor, very noble, in practice however many equality stays an illusion, because of everybody's different hard- and software. The tools to handle the material.
So if LPChip decides to offer both a lq and a hq version, I suggest, that the ones that can afford to load the hq version, feel obliged to heighten up their threshold for quality, so before they feel, it's a succeeded piece.

residentgrey

where is the pack, link me plz?
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.