problem with my notebook pls anybody help

Started by HelenHorbik, January 08, 2007, 00:37:26

Previous topic - Next topic

HelenHorbik

Hello,
I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.
windserfing

Diamond

Scan for viruses and spyware.  If that doesn't work try using a restore point if you're running XP.  It sounds like you are because you mentioned tabs which is a feature which only IE 7 has.  I don't believe IE 7 will run on earlier versions of windows.  If IE 7 has somehow become corrupted, you could try uninstalling it which would revert you to IE 6 and then reinstalling it.  If all of that fails, you might need to resort to using the repair option if you have a quick restore/XP installation CD or reinstalling XP altogether.  Most name brand machines these days only come with one of those quick restore disks that contains your copy of windows and any other software which came with your computer.  If it comes down to reinstalling XP, remember to backup any important data files you might have on your machine.

LPChip

Indeed, IE7 introduced tabs, but I heard lots of complaints about IE7. Your best bet here (aside from searching for spyware) to see if you can update IE7 to a later version. It is a rumor that IE7 is not stable at all, and doesn't allow itself to be uninstalled either.

There are some tricks around the net on how to uninstall IE7, but I wish you good luck with that.

Even though that is said, first scan for spyware. Spyware often causes this kind of behavor.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs