[AcidCore] - Sur Paris - (MP3) The Mingeworthy Principles

Started by TheMingeworthyPrinciples, November 09, 2005, 00:05:57

Previous topic - Next topic

mrvegas

OK -- this is really cool.  If made with MPT, how did you get the 303 sound the way you did?  In particular, I thought I heard some resonance sweeps in there -- did you use samples with macros or VSTis? (If that's not revealing a trade secret.)  It is a little bit of a unique sound -- somehow a little more "hollow"  (in a good way), than most 303 emulations I have heard.

TheMingeworthyPrinciples

<timewarp>

No trade secrets, here's the source: (it won't sound right unless you have the right versions of all the plugins, which is unlikely, but it should give you an idea nonetheless).

The 303 at first emanates from a wonderful VSTi called AudioRealism BassLine (a good trick with ABL is to use set your instrument NNA to note continue, then use note-offs with a high SDx between notes where needed; this way, you can get sliding notes where you want them, and non-sliding notes with minimal gaps where you don't - particularly if your tick resolution is nice and high (e.g. 16 ticks per row)).  It is then fed through AudioDamage Destrukto, vcs-ultraphaser, Ultrafunk Multiband, Ultrafunk Delay and (iirc) Predatohm. Various params from several plugins in that chain fluctuate throughout the track with \xx. Other plugins used in the track include Frohmage, Hematohm and PSP Vintage Warmer. I also appear to have used Xlutop Chainer in that track, but I don't have it installed right now, so I can't check which additional plugins I was pulling in through that.

</timewarp>
We like laxatives - we're like laxatives.