[Orchestral] - We Three Kings (.mp3 & .it)

Started by Wraith, December 24, 2006, 01:17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraith

As some kind of pre-Christmas present, here's a Christmasy song for you all.
Comments/criticism very welcome. (No doubt there's plenty to be made, especially on the .mp3 song, since I'm an amateur at mastering.)

So anyway:
.mp3
.it

Thanks,
  ~Wraith

Sam_Zen

A sweet song with strong Celtic influence. The mp3 version sounds a bit stronger. Some melodic reminds of a track by Simon & Garfunkel,
something with 'parsley and thime'..

LPChip

Nice song, definatelly nice :)

Around 1 minute, there's a place where a horn kind of instrument is playing one note as backing, playing an A, A, G, A. It would be nicer to make it play: A, G, E/D, A. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

The second part that starts around 1:50 is kind of missing drums. In the part around 2:40 the same thing as above: the horn sound is playing the same note again and again, it'd be nicer to add variation here too.

Overal a very good piece :) Thumps up! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Wraith

@Sam_Zen
Thanks.  :)  And does the Simon & Garfunkel song happen to be Scarborough Fair? (I love the tune to that song.)

@LPChip
Thanks for the complement, as well as the criticism. About the trumpet, I don't really know which part you're talking about, because when I looked at the song, I noticed a couple of repetitive parts. But yeah, variation is a good thing.  :) The lack of drums was intentional; I was kind of trying to make that part a contrast to the stronger parts. But anyhow, thanks again: I appreciate the comments.

~Wraith

mrvegas

Beautiful.  Nice arrangement.  Must have taken a while to finish.