.45 Channel Volume changes after reordering channels

Started by LPChip, December 21, 2006, 15:40:51

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I did some more testing, and it seems to only happen if the song is playing while doing a reorder.

Perhaps, you can force the song to stop playing before doing a reorder.

Though: if the song was playing and this bug occurs, stopping and playing that pattern will cause the same sound. Eg. once its screwed, you must restart the song and get all channel volumes right before you have it okay again.

I have provided a test case here. Read the song comments on what to do.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

I noticed nothing new - the behavior and the reason seems to be exactly the one I tried to explain in my 3:th post, and if this is the issue, it is different from the original bug that was fixed. The channel swap itself seems fine, but when doing the swapping while playing, after the swap channel manager 'resets' for example channel volume to the channel volume setting given in the general tab(try putting correct channel volumes to channel settings instead of applying then at the beginning of the mod with effects). Anyway, I can't think of any good reason why the swapping should act differently if playing the mod or not.

LPChip

It is bad if you want to insert a channel from the right into the left, which will move all channels in between to the right, creating a big mess in your song. I insert channels alot, and usually I'm doing stuff quickly, so I don't bother to press stop. But since a few channels are set to a low volume on purpuse, they scare the hell out of me when they suddenly become way too loud.

I wouldn't do this discussion if it was fine by me to have this problem. Its really bothering me. If you can just make the song stop when re-ordering (which IMHO fixes the bug) then its fine by me.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

A possible fix has been introduced in the code so maybe it's in the next version. I think its better not to put hopes that high - it wouldn't be the first time when fix causes more problems than it fixes. Anyway it should only affect the case when pressing apply while playing.

LPChip

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"A possible fix has been introduced in the code so maybe it's in the next version. I think its better not to put hopes that high - it wouldn't be the first time when fix causes more problems than it fixes. Anyway it should only affect the case when pressing apply while playing.

Okay... I'll wait patiently. :)

C'mon hurry up!!! :nuts:

Relabsoluness

LPChip,
Quote[C'mon hurry up!!! :nuts:
.48 is available :P

LPChip

Oops, I kinda forgot about this bug, but I think its fixed :D

Great job on that :D

Closing it.