[Classical] - Piccolo Concerto Grosso (ogg)

Started by rncekel, December 21, 2006, 09:29:51

Previous topic - Next topic

rncekel

This was my entry for the Mimic Compo. In this version I have added some bars in the 1st movement, and strings in 1st and 3rd movements. The 2nd remains just as it was because...
in fact, it has a style flaw I was concious of: the rhythmical complexity. Apart from the triplets in the melody and the accompaniement running on sextuplets (which could be baroque, of course), the melody is made of 5 bars each of them 5/4 (yes, 5 x 5/4). But it came to me so naturally and I like it so much that I didn't try to change it.

I hope you like it also

http://download.modplug.com/uploads/files/116635086010.conc2.ogg

Sam_Zen

I already admired your version found at the MDC. Is this a different one, considering "...conc2" ?
I played both files simultaneously in my four-channel system (4C), but couldn't detect a difference.
But it sounded beautiful anyway.
And five is very natural I think. Fingers and toes ?

rncekel

I don't understand how this is possible. In fact, the version for the Mimic compo was shorter, and has only oboe, bass and harpsichord. This one includes also two voices string (1st and 2nd violins), and some aditional bars at the beginning and in the middle of the first movement.
Five is a very nice number, my favourite.
And, after all, there is in fact a small change in the 2nd movement: in the first version, I forgot that the oboe player should breath after all :P . So I have added some breath points.

Sam_Zen

I tried again, but I couldn't distinguish a difference in breathing space. No big deal though.
Thus far we are the only two to have placed an OGG-file on the Download Center, so I checked again...

Oops, sorry, I made a mistake. This DL also was called "116635086010.conc2.ogg" but I renamed it afterwards.