[World] Si-tarishsphere (.it)

Started by Relabsoluness, December 16, 2006, 21:49:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Relabsoluness

<not available>

apple-joe

Quite original. Great atmosphere. The use of for instance the diminished fifth and chromatic steps really worked well in this song. My interpretation of this piece is that its overall mood is somewhat unstable, as if there is a threat lurking behind the curtains. That's just how I percept it. I want to point at almost everything about this track. The non-standard approach to percussion. The extremely odd, but suitable chords/melodies, the bass. Are you going to create more like this?

Sam_Zen

Yep, this is nice. Great atmosphere indeed. I especially like the percussion part of it, and the few times, the sitar has a tremolo.
One thing though : Why those tiny variations in speed (between 107 and 110) ?
I felt some oddity in the rhythm during listening, so I checked it out, what could have caused this.

EDIT : What's this message about OMPT ver 1.17.03.00 ? The current one is 1.17.02.45 afaik.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"EDIT : What's this message about OMPT ver 1.17.03.00 ? The current one is 1.17.02.45 afaik.

Thats one of the positive issues you get when you're the programmer. :) They're working on rev 3.0 quite some time now, and he can use it for that reason. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "apple-joe"The extremely odd, but suitable chords/melodies, the bass.
Well maybe it is not the most pop-like sound available, but 'extremely odd' sounds surprising.

Quote from: "apple-joe"Are you going to create more like this?
Perhaps :)  I have done somewhat similar tunes for 'project 6', but those are at the moment not available.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"One thing though : Why those tiny variations in speed (between 107 and 110) ?
I felt some oddity in the rhythm during listening, so I checked it out, what could have caused this.
I thought a tiny pause at that moment suits to the 'flow'. Now that I listened it again, I don't wonder if it sounds odd. But I think I have battled with similar things before; at times a tiny pause sounds good, and sometimes it doesn't.

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "Sam_Zen"EDIT : What's this message about OMPT ver 1.17.03.00 ? The current one is 1.17.02.45 afaik.

Thats one of the positive issues you get when you're the programmer. :)
And one of the bad sides - always hunting bugs :P

Asharin

Now that I finally remembered to log on from my home pc, I can check all this stuff :D Work pc I can check mp3's and that's it..Not able to install anything on them so no formats like ogg or IT etc :P

I like track very relaxed.
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.