[DECLINED] More Shortcuts / Thumbnails!

Started by Really Weird Person, December 09, 2006, 15:56:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

Here are some shortcut ideas for your next release of Modplug Tracker (if there is one):

-64. Control + Y = Redo (to go with the Undo (Control + Z)
-63. Control + R = Row Select (to go with the Column Select (Conrol + L)
-62. Control + T = Section Select
-61. Shift + Home = Beginning of Pattern pool (listed below the Main Instrument and Keyboard Split)
-60. Shift + End = End of Pattern pool

Here is an idea for you (for an entertainment factor). Make the General tab have animated, clickable thumbnails of the patterns. These could be inserted to the right of the channel list. For example, the first tab of channels (1-4) has a thumbnail of the first pattern, the second channel tab (5-8) has a thumbnail of the second pattern...

The animated part is pretty much self explanitory, the clickable part may not be though, so I will explain that for you.

When you are in the general tab, you see a thumbnail, right? Good. Now, what should be doable is this: When you click on that thumbnail, the pattern editor should open, with the thumbnail's pattern open. For example, if you click on the first pattern's thumbnail, the first pattern should open, when you click on the second pattern's thumbnail, the second pattern should open... Do you undertand this a little bit better now? I hope so.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs