Row Darkness

Started by Really Weird Person, December 01, 2006, 13:21:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer binary numbers (1, 2, 4, 8, 16...) or decimal numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5...)?

Binary numbers
2 (50%)
Decimal numbers
2 (50%)
I am not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 01, 2006, 13:21:16

Really Weird Person

I know that I posted this (or at least something similar to this) somewhere, but I do not remember where it is. Anyway, how do I change the posistion of the row darkness again? I found it once, but I cannot remember where I found it. It is currently set to darken rows 1 (makes sense), 5 (weird) 9 (weird again), 13 (weird yet again), and so on and so forth. However, I was going to change it and make it darken the proper rows (1, 4, 8, 16...) (or 0, 3, 7, 15... in your/Windows' terms (and most likely Mac OS' as well)) You know, binary ones, not ones divisible by 1 nicely (they all do that (except for your zero, the only number that that goes into nicely is itself (zero))). I guess that I got myself because in each case zero is included. Dang it! I was going to try to make something that would make zero excluded, but I failed. Oops! I forgot zero on each one!

LPChip

It are row 0,4,8,12,16... but since you can't say that its on row 0, you say row 1, so its 0,4,8,12,16 +1. Can be changed in the setup, colors.

I don't see the use of this poll though. It not contributing to this topic.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

I admire the way so many misunderstandings could be compressed into one thing..
First : It's not my or your zero, but our zero.
Second : Zero is not some characteristic of the binary system. Also the decimal system needs a zero, and if counting correctly, should start with a zero. Because after 9 you've got 10, not zero.

QuoteDo you prefer binary numbers (1, 2, 4, 8, 16...) or decimal numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5...)?
The left example shows a division in steps, the right one a normal counting order.
And the left one should be : "(1, 2, 4, 8, F...)"

Really Weird Person

What do you mean by F? F is hexadecimal and above, not binary. I do not remember an F in the binary system. Either I was taught wrong, or I have forgotten what I was taught.

Sam_Zen

You're right, F is hexadecimal, not binary

speed-goddamn-focus

I would say 7 and 8 are equally binary.