Modplug and Tc Powercore

Started by seventhson, October 29, 2006, 22:24:56

Previous topic - Next topic

seventhson

Does anyone know if the powercore card works within modplug tracker,i'm contemplating on getting one but it'd be nice to know whether the plugins will work with modplug.

LPChip

Can you post a link of the card, preferabelly to the specs? I can't tell you the answer now, because I have no clue what this card is :P I don't see a reason why not, but I would need to know what the card can do and what plugins you refer to.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

seventhson

you can find more info about the card on http://www.tcelectronic.com/PowerCoreConcept

I'm kinda hoping someone actually has the card and could test it lol

LPChip

I can tell you, based on the information, that it should work.

The reason is this line: The platform integrates with virtually any VST, AU and RTAS* based digital audio workstation for Mac or PC.

I don't own one, but based on what I've read it should work.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

seventhson

I saw it and normally would agree with you,however from experience i know that there are plenty of vst/vsti that don't work or are buggy when used in mpt,it'd be quite a waste of time and money to buy such a card only to find out the thing won't work.

rewbs

Do you think they'd send us a free sample for testing if we say they will lose customers unless we confirm OpenMPT is compatible? :)

seventhson

i'd give it a try if i were you  :lol:

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"Do you think they'd send us a free sample for testing if we say they will lose customers unless we confirm OpenMPT is compatible? :)

How about doing it as sponsorring? You know, we make sure that it becomes OpenMPT compatible, and then give it a label: "Will work with PowerCore" stamp.

But as last resort, you can always ask them if they want to test OpenMPT for you.

seventhson

I have asked them to test it,let's hope they will  :D

LPChip

Nice. Please keep us posted :)

seventhson

According to TC modplug can open the plugins but they have not and won't do a full test,so they cannot guarantee full compatibility.
I guess i will have to find out if or when i buy a powercore card  :lol: