[house/old school] Waste No Time (IT)

Started by Louigi Verona, November 13, 2006, 07:10:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

Lots of drum work and a catchy melody... What else do you need? =D

Opinions are welcome!

http://www.ctgmusic.com/song.php?id=13324

apple-joe

Original percussive intro. I like it when the drone sound sets in after the part that consists of pure percussion. What I like the best about this track I think is the structure, how you arrange the different parts. The drumming is also interesting. Ok, the traditional drums - kick and hi hat - may sound standard, but there are those claps which in its own right spice up the entire track.

That said, in general I think this is among the more anonymous tracks you've provided. It's all right, but except for some of the percussion, nothing really caught my attention. Oh - and the bass sample, maybe a bit loud? I don't know.

Sam_Zen

This a very nice straightforward house track ..! As house should be. If my grandchildren would visit me, I would play this, even maybe arrange it, to please them and make them dance.
Regarding too loud, I would say the short solo sequence from 2:45

Louigi Verona

I remember I started out with this track to do something 'experimental'. It turned out to be really poppish house track, hehe. Thx for the comments, guys!

Sam_Zen

Why styling 'experimental' then as : "house/old school" ? ;) . Besides, I don't care about poppish or not, I look at the skills being used.

Louigi Verona

Because it never turned out to be experimental - it turned housy! =)

georg

After teh compo i'll take a crack at it. I like house. And you're wrong, the song did turn out experimentish...there's enough material for 2 or 3 mixes there...............so STFU ;D
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

Sam_Zen

More mixes. That's what came up in my mind too with this one. But more firstly in the way to play it back in different circumstances. Jumping back and forth in the patternrow, repeating clusters of patterns.

Louigi Verona

Okay, try another one then. Here is another tune which, as far as I remember, was made the same day in that same 'experimental' vein.

http://www.dimlight.net/music/louigi/4_Spendin'TimeRidin'Horses.zip

apple-joe

I think this one has more character than the previous one Louigi. Quite enjoyable, but how about even more variations? Interesting themes, but I'd like even more different themes.

Louigi Verona

It's an oldie, I probably won't be working on it, but thx for the feedback anyway. Both of these tracks are more of a B-side type of tracks.