[trance] the pulsar (mp3)

Started by joozi, November 17, 2006, 22:06:37

Previous topic - Next topic

joozi

...i like songs with interesting and rich harmony...

Sam_Zen

A pleasant song, apart from the abrupt silences at 1:30 and 2:49. The title is cosmic, but would I get into a trance ?

To get it really interesting, I'm afraid you will need to be a bit less predictable, like the adding and the muting of the voices along the song, the clich? transposition at the end to prolong the song. But maybe these are the rules of the trance-style. I'm not so familiar with it.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"But maybe these are the rules of the trance-style. I'm not so familiar with it.

They're not a rule, but its common behavor in trance songs.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

joozi

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"The title is cosmic, but would I get into a trance ?

Thank you for your opinion. Well, maybe I am wrong if I say, that this song is in "trance" style. Maybe I should say it's "dance" or... I'm not sure. The goal of my music is not to get you in trance. I do it just for having fun :).
...i like songs with interesting and rich harmony...

Sam_Zen

Glad you take it like this. Sometimes I tend to be quite harsh in my reviews. Most of the time I try to avoid discussions about labels and styles, because they are personal and a matter of taste, in which everybody is free of course. I concentrate more on technical aspects or things about the production of the song. That's why I mentioned those two silence gaps.