[DECLINED] Saving

Started by Sam_Zen, November 09, 2006, 04:35:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I was trying to write some explanation about the save as wav option.
So I get the 'Wave Convert' window.
The choice of saving the whole song or parts of it is headed with the term "Play".
For proper semantics this should be replaced by "Save", because no playing is going on.

LPChip

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't understand what exactly it is that you are requesting.

What I think you mean is a "Live Record to wav" function, am I correct?

Eg. A button that records what is being heard to a wav file, similar as using an external program to record the WAVE/MP3 channel of your soundcard?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

QuoteWhat I think you mean is a "Live Record to wav" function, am I correct?

No, I'm not. It's simply just a matter of the right expression. A minor thing really.

LPChip

Ah, makes sense now! :) Thanks for clearing that up. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

anboi

i have a small other thing that bugs me here - i have a tendency to change details on this page then hit 'enter' which takes me to 'change player options' rather than selects 'ok'. gets me every time! is this a problem for anyone else? it's extremely minor though really!

LPChip

Quote from: "anboi"i have a small other thing that bugs me here - i have a tendency to change details on this page then hit 'enter' which takes me to 'change player options' rather than selects 'ok'. gets me every time! is this a problem for anyone else? it's extremely minor though really!

That happens because the control is whitin a frame. Clicking outside the frame should bring focus back to the ok button...

Sam_Zen

Hm, I agree with anboi, I must say. It's quite illogical if an existing OK button is not associated with hitting the Enter key.
As does the Escape key with the Cancel button.

This is maybe also a matter of the used string. I think a button should show, what kind of action is to be expected.
In this case the OK button is going to the final 'save as' frame, so OK could be replaced bij "Save".
Which leads to an alternative for my replacement of 'Play', see above, and this could be : "Select".