SPAM is getting worse... Any ideas on this?

Started by LPChip, November 06, 2006, 15:32:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we install a second phpBB board and make this one read-only?

yes!
4 (66.7%)
no!
1 (16.7%)
I don't care really, do whatever the rest do.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 16, 2006, 09:37:37

LPChip

Quote from: "Waxhead"I hate to say this but this forum is actually just temporarily right? I would think it's better to sacrifice all posts and start from scratch with for example  the phpBB 2.0.21 forum with CAPTCHA enabled. Simple and easy and should get rid of most spammers.
perhaps the simplest thing would be to have two forums. A new one and this one as well but make it read-only. A archive forum for old posts ;)

You make a good point there!

Everyone agree on this?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

If the situation is really this bad (lotsa webmaster work involved I guess, so it must be worth it), this proposal as a transition seems to be quite elegant.
Making the previous part a read-only forum is a nice solution. So no useful data and discussion is lost, because links to such threads stil can me made.

LPChip

I have added a poll to this topic in order to get a better picture.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs