[euro dance] Beijing Beat (YouTube)

Started by Louigi Verona, April 09, 2010, 13:02:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

A bit of euro dance this time. Started the tune back in January, when I was in Beijing, decided to complete it. The ending is a bit weird, but I really enjoyed dragging the tune into a sort of groovy mood, closer to a house tune that is a remix on the main theme that was just playing.

Made with the magnificent LMMS 0.4.6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zzn0nvj2eY

AlisterFlint

good prod. and it's always interesting to see DAW at work, live. maybe you'd show more some scores,
instrument track modulation real time, that sort of things..

as to the tune, it has some good fundations, but could be developed more. your parts are a tad too long,
without much variation and maybe you'd boost up the BPM a little, around 125 or so..
and since it's about Beijing, how about adding some chinese sample of some sort?

Louigi Verona

true, it could be developed more and perhaps I will add more movement. At the same time it is more like a dance song and it seems to work fine in that area.

Stay tuned though, I will soon upload a video of a much more interesting tune - I am glad you left feedback.

As for showing modulations the problem is that if I have a lot of screen activity, the sound begins to drop out - apparently, screen capturing eats a lot of resources. So I am very careful with on screen activity.

AlisterFlint

good point, indeed live video feed is often demanding on CPU resources.
there's a quick workaround, if you ever need one, some day: export your
song as audio file, then record your performance on video, without minding
the cracks and clips, and finally, save your video file mixed down with your audio file.

i agree, it is dancy as is, just the basic usual dance kind of tune. knowing your
musical skills and talent, one'd expect something "richer"..  :P

uncloned

my solution to the sound problem would be to record the audio separately - run a line out to another computer, which could be quite modest, as audio is not too taxing, and then combine in the video editor.

psishock

my solution almost looks the same as the likes mentioned before. Actually i would record the video with full muted channels, then add the prerendered sound to it afterwards in any basic video editing program.
Easy job and can done without routing it to outer sources or use another comp.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)