How to make Samples with just MPT?

Started by LPChip, August 07, 2006, 08:50:53

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I dunno why there are linefeed chars. I guess it is because it prints one entire string to a file instead of byte by byte.

Even though it happens, modplug seems to understand it, so why bother? :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

You know me, I even bother if something is incorrect but doesn't do any harm so far.
In the old-dos 'copy' command for strings of data, one could skip the linefeed characters with the /b addition.

kit beats

Can anyone tell me how to make 3 samples (snares or..) into 1?!

Then i can put it on 1 channel, it's saves space.
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

Quote from: "Samplekit"Can anyone tell me how to make 3 samples (snares or..) into 1?!

You don't want that. Its not bad to use multiple samples. If you limit yourself too much with stuff like this, you will block your own creativity due to battling the limitations you've created.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "Samplekit"Can anyone tell me how to make 3 samples (snares or..) into 1?!

You don't want that. Its not bad to use multiple samples. If you limit yourself too much with stuff like this, you will block your own creativity due to battling the limitations you've created.

Ok, thanks..i think that's what i mean on the download music topic.
that the sound is not right in my ear.

So i better can use 3 channels for 3 snares, and the same for basse, hihat...

i am allways looking for the right snare but i never found the right (1 sample) snare!

LPChip

Quote from: "Samplekit"
Quote from: "LPChip"

Ok, thanks..i think that's what i mean on the download music topic.
that the sound is not right in my ear.

So i better can use 3 channels for 3 snares, and the same for basse, hihat...

i am allways looking for the right snare but i never found the right (1 sample) snare!

Finding the right snare can be a tedious task, but you can also turn it around. Listen to the snares you have, and find use for them, untill you've expanded your collection.

kit beats

Quote from: "LPChip"but you can also turn it around. Listen to the snares you have, and find use for them, untill you've expanded your collection.

For example, i got one snare..let it play..put another one on channel 2 and listen, if it's not right then take another snare.

Your right but i got a whole bunch of samples, in maps.
But there are to many of them..good tip to sit back and relax, take the time. for half a day  :lol: .. Listen carefully, and put the nice samples in different folders/maps. Nice and sorted haHA

Mostly i start MP, take the samples from the maps, listen and put them right in it. When the song is fineshed, i save all the samples one by one (theres no other way). and then save them in the song/sample map.

:boogie:

LPChip

Well, if you solely want to combine 3 snares into 1 new snare, you can always try that.

I was more talking about putting a snare and a basedrum etc together.

If you want to combine 3 snares together, then thats a good way to solve your problem.

Make 3 snares in a new song, then render your song to wav, and cut the new sample to its right side, save as wav, and you have yourself a new snare.

kit beats

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"How to create samples with OMPT if you don't have samples at all ?
Copy at random some file from your HD to the sample-directory, files like report.txt, holiday.jpg or play.dll, and rename the extension to .wav.
Import the file in OMPT. If this succeeds, than you can save the sample as a real wav-file and edit whatever you want to do with it.

WHahah i did'nt know this..pretty damn crazy

My question is : what can i do with the sample editor & where is it!

etc..

Sam_Zen

This is not crazy. It's the result of logic thinking and imagination.

EDIT : Let's stay aware of the fact, that this is part of a technical document, so not quite the proper place for all kinds of side-discussions.